+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will we reach the finishing line in 2018

Indeed, it’s a puzzle, though I doubt the veracity of either of your two theories Rog.
    Be very surprised if he (Anya not Rog) is still with us by next month...a pity imo.
    Seems yesterday’s opponents may have joined Wolves in showing interest in Chris Martin. He looked lost and like someone in search of a new ‘challenge’ in that brief appearance yesterday.
    No longer suits our style imo...better for all concerned if he moved on though I’d prefer Wolves to one of our genuine rivals.

Chris Martin is 4th choice striker at the minute so maybe time to move him on if we can get 5m+

The Anya situation is an odd one, he can't be showing anything in training either attitude or skill wise to fall so far down the order.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Indeed, it’s a puzzle, though I doubt the
    veracity of either of your two theories Rog.
    Be very surprised if he (Anya not Rog) is still with us by next month...a pity
    Tje way Ive been feeling the last few days Anya is more likely to be with us by the end of the month than me 😣

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Chris Martin is 4th choice striker at the minute so maybe time to move him on if we can get 5m+
    Is he as high as 4th? What about Bennett - and what if Bent was available?

I think we need a box to box midfielder, when our breaks, break down we don't have anyone following up, a Bryson type player would do. Do we have a recall or didn't we learn that lesson from last season?

Quote Originally Posted by Ram59 View Post
    I think we need a box to box midfielder, when our breaks, break down we don't have anyone following up, a Bryson type player would do. Do we have a recall or didn't we learn that lesson from last season?
    regretably, and this is only by trawling through all the media reports, its a season long loan with an option to buy in this transfer window.

[QUOTE=Andy_Faber;38748867]regretably, and this is only by trawling through all the media reports, its a season long loan with an option to buy in this transfer window.[QUOTE]

Apparently Wednesday want Winnall back now. Coming on the back of the McClaren led Martin fiasco I honestly don’t know which bit of ‘season long loan’ managers and club officials can’t understand.

[QUOTE=ramAnag;38748962][QUOTE=Andy_Faber;38748867]regretably, and this is only by trawling through all the media reports, its a season long loan with an option to buy in this transfer window.

Apparently Wednesday want Winnall back now. Coming on the back of the McClaren led Martin fiasco I honestly don’t know which bit of ‘season long loan’ managers and club officials can’t understand.
    Surely, clubs can insist on a January recall clause before agreeing to let the player go. If things hadn't being going so well, we could be on SM part 3, now! 😊

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)