+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T when grown men cry

O/T when grown men cry

If you ever get frustrated by The Rams constantly knocking on the door, you'll understand the scenes here, the second coming at last of the unwinningest team in American Football (and also my team since I was a ****ager). I have grown old with friends real and virtual who have been waiting for this moment (The Bufallo Bills reaching the NFL playoffs for the first time in a generation).

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/art...2-3a049724987f

PS sorry about the non-relevant ice hockey advert beforehand

I had a brief flirtation with the American version of Rugby for wimps but grew out of it within 2 to 3 years back in the mid to late 80s.

They say the safety gear is necessary and it is but only because it gives them the feeling of fearlessness as "nothing can happen to me". They are right. The problem to me is that the really skilful players who run and catch, or run with, the ball end up with an average career of 3 years because by then their knees are shot through being hit by 300LB missiles aided and abbetted by crash helmets and body armour. Ditch the armour and skill will out and the players will be less "devil take the hindmost" in their tackles.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I had a brief flirtation with the American version of Rugby for wimps but grew out of it within 2 to 3 years back in the mid to late 80s.

They say the safety gear is necessary and it is but only because it gives them the feeling of fearlessness as "nothing can happen to me". They are right. The problem to me is that the really skilful players who run and catch, or run with, the ball end up with an average career of 3 years because by then their knees are shot through being hit by 300LB missiles aided and abbetted by crash helmets and body armour. Ditch the armour and skill will out and the players will be less "devil take the hindmost" in their tackles.
    To each their own MA and I take your point, still very happy for my friends in Northern New York State

They will fail against the Jaguars however....

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    They will fail against the Jaguars however....
    You've dissed Mrs Faber's homeland and my chosen NFL team on the same day. Why not just say Sweet Home Alabama is a bigotted redneck anthem and really upset me! Until then, happy new year

I never liked Neil Young that much anyay and Lynyrd Skyntrd did afford me one of the best gigs Ive been to, so I shant diss them....

But otherwise the NFL this year has broken several long playoff droughts - to the Bills and Jags, you can add Tennessee and the Rams: now is that a portent?

It does of course leave Cleveland where it should be: head of the futility standings. Bit we all know that those sons of bitches from Foxborough will still win it all again

Quote Originally Posted by roger_ramjet View Post
    But otherwise the NFL this year has broken several long playoff droughts - to the Bills and Jags, you can add Tennessee and the Rams: now is that a portent?

It does of course leave Cleveland where it should be: head of the futility standings. Bit we all know that those sons of bitches from Foxborough will still win it all again
    hasn't stopped me putting a tenner on the Bills at 66/1. My annual bet lands early!

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)