+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bristol absolutely smashed by Villa.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Exactly. The pigs missed their chance and are more likely to see the pub league again before the prem.
    If McCabe sits on his hands now he will go down as the bottler.
    CW holds all the cards.

By his own efforts he has earned enormous respect and kudos within the game.He has the options, he will get offers from all over, clubs with money, ambition and desire.

Surely even McC can see that?

If not, I fear the worst. Please prove me wrong McC..................................for the sake of SUFC as I care not one jot about your reputation.

Backing our previous managers in the transfer market was always a gamble
    Backing Wilder isn't a gamble

If the board don't invest serious money (for us) this January they want f@cking with the blunt end of a ragmans trumpet

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Backing our previous managers in the transfer market was always a gamble
    Backing Wilder isn't a gamble

If the board don't invest serious money (for us) this January they want f@cking with the blunt end of a ragmans trumpet
    Well, 6 points in the last 9 games, and some really poor performances in that lot says that its a very big gamble. I'm not saying we haven't got a chance, but there seems to be a view that if we splash the cash big time, (on who know, i'm not sure. I still maintain few good players move in January...) that we WILL go up. I think its a lot less certain than that.

Only 20 games left and we can't make automatic IMO. Some backing would be good but I don't want my club in debt like
    Bolton. It's not the fee but the wages that kill a club.

I think we will finish just outside but that would be something we all would have taken in January last year.

The best TW is in the summer NOT in January.

UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    Only 20 games left and we can't make automatic IMO. Some backing would be good but I don't want my club in debt like

I think we will finish just outside but that would be something we all would have taken in January last year.

UTCB
    I'm phoning Sothampton and Bournemouth to tell them they shouldn't have driven onward and stayed in the Championship. I'm sure the Saints regret it. Imagine having to take a measley £75m for an average joe.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    I'm phoning Sothampton and Bournemouth to tell them they shouldn't have driven onward and stayed in the Championship. I'm sure the Saints regret it. Imagine having to take a measley £75m for an average joe.
    You've hit the nail on the head again SBT.

But no one wants to leave their comfort zone do they? .

I do wonder if the board etc, among others, are frightened by the scale of a PL operation.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post

UTCB
    7 points between us and second Chippy, 20 is plenty of games to turn that around IF we don’t self destruct ourselves.

Lest we forget Wednesday closed a bigger gap on us in far fewer games. We’d be absolute fools accept our lot whilst other teams go for it just because ‘we’ve come so far’. The phrase ‘strike whilst the iron is hot’ is as relevant in football as it is in industry and I’ve not spoken to one single Blade who wants us to go over the top and risk everything in one go. Just give Chris the backing to bring in the players that he’s told the board he needs to have a fair shot at it mate.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Well, 6 points in the last 9 games, and some really poor performances in that lot says that its a very big gamble. I'm not saying we haven't got a chance, but there seems to be a view that if we splash the cash big time, (on who know, i'm not sure. I still maintain few good players move in January...) that we WILL go up. I think its a lot less certain than that.
    Splashing the cash like Wendy did..........that got them nowhere. Same for Brum, Villa, Borough, etc etc. We are as good as these teams already without splashing any cash. Its not the answer.

The other thing worth mentioning is that it doesn't mean shít the likes of us saying splash the cash. We can ask for it, but at the end of the day, it's not our choice, and like FKB has said it's always easy to spend someone else's hard-earned.

BUT, and it's a big BUT, the manager has every right to expect to be backed. He's done what so many others couldn't for our club, and could really take us to the next level, if the backing is right. If he doesn't get the investment he needs to get the job done, I don't think anyone could fault him for going. And I don't think anyone could defend the owners, however hard they might try.

If they drive Wilder out due to not backing him then they can go f**ck themselves. It would be absolutely criminal and we'd never recover from it. Wilder's a once in a lifetime manager. The only reason they'd not back him as much as they can is if they don't want the inevitable promotion that would follow.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast