+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Owls want to recall Winnall

Owls want to recall Winnall

Sheffield Wednesday want Winnall back, and the funny bit is the fans are also on on it! Butterfield worst signing ever.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/02...-butterfields/

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Sheffield Wednesday want Winnall back, and the funny bit is the fans are also on on it! Butterfield worst signing ever.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/02...-butterfields/
    Well that's our box to box midfielder problem sorted!

They can have him...in exchange for Barry Bannan and so long as they promise to keep Butterfield in Yarksheer!

Funny thing is the manager wants him back but he hasn't got a clue whether it's possible, has no idea if there's a recall clause. May I suggest you go and find out before you start getting your hopes up!

Taken from the DET......

Sheffield Wednesday caretaker manager Lee Bullen says he would like to recall striker*Sam Winnall*from his loan at*Derby County*.

"It’s one thing we’ll definitely have to look at. But again, I don’t know what the actual agreement was, that was done way before my time, so we’ll have to look at that - as a potential."

Speaking after the Burton loss, Bullen told BBC Radio Sheffield that he would look into whether Winnall could be brought back to Hillsborough early.

However, the Derby Telegraph understands that the only way this could happen is if all three parties - Wednesday, Derby and the player - agree, which would appear unlikely.

"I’m not sure exactly what the agreement is with Derby," said Bullen. "I’m not sure if both clubs have to agree."

"It’s one thing we’ll definitely have to look at. But again, I don’t know what the actual agreement was, that was done way before my time, so we’ll have to look at that - as a potential."

I suspect this may just be a plan on their part to try and get as much money for him from us as they can maybe by forcing an agreement now instead of activating the recall if it's possible, 6 goals in 13 isn't a bad return and I'd rather we tried for Winnall instead of going for Cameron Jerome as has been reported we might be doing

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Funny thing is the manager wants him back but he hasn't got a clue whether it's possible, has no idea if there's a recall clause. May I suggest you go and find out before you start getting your hopes up!

Taken from the DET......

Sheffield Wednesday caretaker manager Lee Bullen says he would like to recall striker*Sam Winnall*from his loan at*Derby County*.

Speaking after the Burton loss, Bullen told BBC Radio Sheffield that he would look into whether Winnall could be brought back to Hillsborough early.

However, the Derby Telegraph understands that the only way this could happen is if all three parties - Wednesday, Derby and the player - agree, which would appear unlikely.

"I’m not sure exactly what the agreement is with Derby," said Bullen. "I’m not sure if both clubs have to agree."

I suspect this may just be a plan on their part to try and get as much money for him from us as they can maybe by forcing an agreement now instead of activating the recall if it's possible, 6 goals in 13 isn't a bad return and I'd rather we tried for Winnall instead of going for Cameron Jerome as has been reported we might be doing
    Not sure why we’d sign him now Stenson. We’ve got him for the rest of the season anyway and probably wouldn’t want him if we do go up. If he does well and we don’t go up what’s to stop us signing him then?

As for their manager not knowing what the agreement is...surely the clue is in the three words ‘season long loan’.

No I meant if there is in fact a recall clause they could sow the seeds in dcfc heads about a possible recall forcing us to buy him or they'll recall him? That's if they think we really want him say in the summer.

Their manager needs to do his homework first like I said, season long loan would be the first pointer for him though

And we aren't up yet either so he'd be a good addition to our squad should we still be in this league, if promoted I'm sure we could absorb his wages somehow, we could even loan him out if needs be

Anyone see the penalty Butterfield gave away? Was so lame and he looks so disinterested as a player. The club he left went forwards and his career has gone gradually backwards.

Be lucky to get back half of what we paid.

Similar to the McLaren Martin situation though Martin was keen to return. Will be a bit awkward for Butterfield on his return as he was apparently quoted as saying at start of his loan that he was glad to be going to a 'footballing'club that suited his game better

No way would I want buttersideways back ffs,, they were bragging they got the better deal at the start of the season, we tried to tell them butterfoot was a waste of space,, nice crisp 5 yard sideways passes. More interested in his hair and finger nails than playing football,, should go into modelling.

We don't have an option to buy Winnall but they have an option to buy Butters Has already been stated no recall unless all three party's agree If Winnall were to say to Rowett I want to go back there would be little point in stopping him ( in like Fulham ) But the club must get the timing right or we could lose Winnall and Martin the could be a problem

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)