+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Honey", "Pet", "Cock", "Love" or "Duck"..?

"Honey", "Pet", "Cock", "Love" or "Duck"..?

Just reading the latest controversy about a female passenger being called "Honey" on a Virgin Train...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ount?CMP=fb_gu

This paragraph just about sums up this current nonsense...

"We could make a start on changing this by tackling the systematic disparagement of traditionally “feminine” values and those who embody them, and addressing the damaging elevation of traditionally “masculine” traits. We all suffer from toxic masculinity, regardless of gender. We should try to hear each other and to embody those same values of patience and empathy and have the courage to be vulnerable. In order for that to be achieved, we all need to turn inward and face our own prejudices, and the fears that lie behind them."

Listen love, just get a fcuking life...

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Just reading the latest controversy about a female passenger being called "Honey" on a Virgin Train...

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ount?CMP=fb_gu

This paragraph just about sums up this current nonsense...

"We could make a start on changing this by tackling the systematic disparagement of traditionally “feminine” values and those who embody them, and addressing the damaging elevation of traditionally “masculine” traits. We all suffer from toxic masculinity, regardless of gender. We should try to hear each other and to embody those same values of patience and empathy and have the courage to be vulnerable. In order for that to be achieved, we all need to turn inward and face our own prejudices, and the fears that lie behind them."
    Listen love, just get a fcuking life...
    I always use 'love' myself, as in "put t'kettle on love". Treat 'em right and you don't usually have a problem, let 'em out of the kitchen though and you're asking for trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    I always use 'love' myself, as in "put t'kettle on love". Treat 'em right and you don't usually have a problem, let 'em out of the kitchen though and you're asking for trouble.
    Never took you to be a chauvinistic, misogynist sinkov!

Never took you to be a chauvinistic, misogynist sinkov!
    Banter.

You still don't get "irony"!

she has an issue with how she was spoken to....thinks it ws impolite - fine....and is her right to complain - so between her and the accused person/company to sort it between them.

what offends me is....that they have the audacity to think we should care about something that is absolutely nothing to do wit us.

t's this "toxic masculinity" bollox that's doing my head in Norder.

The way we are going us blokes won't be able to speak to a woman during normal day to day business and everyday life.

t's this "toxic masculinity" bollox that's doing my head in Norder.
    The way we are going us blokes won't be able to speak to a woman during normal day to day business and everyday life.
    Mr's Norder...occasionally gets a fashion mag - she'll hold up a pic to me and say " what do you think...is that man or woman ? ".

seems to me....they're after blurring the line - for women as much as men - and need to weaken the character of both to promote the change and make us indistinct.

you carry on as normal BT....I know I will.

It’s hen in Glasgow. Men are guys not cocks and sometimes a groups of mixed ***es are guys.
    Got into trouble calling a girl love when she turned out to be a lesbo.
    The problem is there is always some minority who want to feel offended and for some reason causing someone to be offended is a capital offence. Using Mr and Mrs and he or she offends Trans folk it seems. So toilet signs must be very offensive to some.
    Calling people brown offends people who are brown but wish to be seen as black?
    Life was much simpler in the good old days!

You still don't get "irony"!
    Pick on the wrong one to call love, or tap on her knee, and see how far irony gets you. Feck that, it's a war zone out there.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)