+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Nicely placed.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    And why is that not a rational post. You are saying things could change and Rovers could be back in the Prem, I am saying they could also change the other way as it went for Tranmere and you could end up where they are. I haven't come on here taking the p..s and laughing at where you are with the Venkys running the show and millions in debt with no assets or decent players to sell and with a dire support base now all the hangers on and plastics have disappeared, or going on about your local rivals are now the best run club in the country and way ahead of you, and that you haven't beaten them in years. No, I have made a couple of observations and you have spat the dummy. I expect stuff like that from ***o, but thought better of you.

Auks. This guy has never been rational. He's pathetic and bitter. Next time he pops up, ask him why he never showed up once when they used to get 34 years worth of beatings. Never heard of him, never saw him when they spent the best part of 25 years in this division and below. Where was he all those years? Hiding in NZ.

Nah .......I see prick has turned up now. When they are doing ok. Once Dyche goes, and they drop back down the leagues, he will disappear. He's not worth communicating with. He clearly knows nothing and is one of those joke glory hunters. Unsure why? As his team is going nowhere. This is temporary. Everyone knows that. I'd be enjoying the ride, but a quick glance on the dingle site, and nobody cares what he has to say on there either. A 'new poster'. Funny ...... Did he come on he acting all brave after they lost 5-0? If you lived in England and had to sit in Ewood that day, you'd have seen 25k Rovers fans pissing themselves. Now that was funny. That was a real hiding. Embarrassing. That's why he's so bitter now. Hanging onto to anything. But never mention the past. You can't do that.

You do realise he has only appeared now once we are doing well. Feeling a bit threatened. Trust me over the many years I've seen so many NZclaret types. Once we play them again (in a few seasons) and get back to what we've been doing for years, beating Burnley, believe me you won't be hearing from NZclaret. The next one will have appeared by then. But just enjoy the fact he's actually going to be watching out for our result today. But he isn't bothered about Rovers.
    Last edited by champs95; 20-01-2018 at 09:50 AM.

Streuth, Champs. I just don't know about all this stuff.
    I find all the heat generated utterly irrelevant to the everyday business of supporting your own football team.
    NZClaret seems to think I spat the dummy, but it's not that. I took his post about the National League to be yet another example of the dire stuff on the Telegraph site - that is, rubbish to the tune of "Rovers are in free fall and headed out of the League".
    He claims now that he was just speaking in general terms, but it doesn't come across like that, and nowhere in my post did I suggest we will be pack in the PL anytime soon.
    See - this is why I prefer to ignore these hostile posters. I never reply to them on the Telegraph site at all. In fact, I've stopped reading their posts altogether, but it's still annoying. The other day, there was a thread of about 130 posts, well over 100 of which were from Burnley trolls, or replies to them! I have never even looked at the Burnley section of the same paper, and I am at a loss as to why some Claret "supporters" are actually posting on the Rovers forum DURING Burnley games.
    We have been mercifully free of that nonsense here, and although I hate censorship, if Roversmad turns into yet another back and forth about history, gates, and other non-football drivel, I would be in favour of Robin banning them, simply to preserve what is a sensible, non-hysterical site.
    Incidentally, Saxo, if what they say about you is true, YOU need to get off the Claret sites too.
    Why can't we all focus on our own teams, or at least stick to the kind of banter provided by Alf and TMS?
    My take on Burnley as a team? I am actually glad to see a small-town club doing well against the super-powers. I have actually begun to think that the bottom six of the PL and the top six of the Championship are pretty well interchangeable. Look at Huddersfield.
    Like Despair, I actually believe the Championship is the natural home of both Rovers and Burnley, but a PL with the top six moved into Europe would make for a much more interesting competition, and both clubs might well be capable of remaining at that level as a matter of course.
    As it is, let's just focus on Rovers' remarkable turn-around this year, and hope that it doesn't go pear-shaped. It doesn't take much to change things. After Mulgrew's mistake yesterday, if it had been Fleetwood who had scored a spectacular winner, confidence might have drained away (and certainly the Rovers fans on the Telegraph who have never liked Mowbray would be happy again!)
    I didn't do another 4 o'clock stint for this game. I'm reserving that for the home games. It was fingers crossed, therefore, when I switched on the computer.
    One reason I WOULD like to be back in the PL is that I'd get to see more games at reasonable times, and without paying extra!

Most posters on 'up the clarets' I talk football with just fine, discussing our teams respective fortunes. Certain posters don't want that, so they get it in spades, but my posts are never aggressive in nature at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Saxo1man41 View Post
    Most posters on 'up the clarets' I talk football with just fine, discussing our teams respective fortunes. Certain posters don't want that, so they get it in spades, but my posts are never aggressive in nature at all.
    I will wait for the replies to that with interest.
    You and I have always managed to stay on a friendly basis, despite disagreements, but you have to admit, you do stir people up deliberately sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I will wait for the replies to that with interest.
    You and I have always managed to stay on a friendly basis, despite disagreements, but you have to admit, you do stir people up deliberately sometimes.
    Yes, but never you aucks. Its called people skills, you can't treat every person the same unfortunately. That's just the way of the world.

You don't mind Alfy, yet he continually makes references to my mental health issues and made inappropriate remarks about my family. I'd say that's far worse than anything I've ever posted.

You don't mind Alfy, yet he continually makes references to my mental health issues and made inappropriate remarks about my family. I'd say that's far worse than anything I've ever posted.
    I think most of Alf's stuff is tongue-in-cheek, Saxo, but I suspect he is also reacting to stuff you have posted on the Clarets site.
    I must admit, I do get uneasy when replies get personal, but - as you say - everyone's different.
    There was a time when I got some pretty abusive stuff on here too, but that was because I couldn't resist airing my left-wing politics. I try to steer clear of it now. I reserve it for winding up Trump supporters on American political sites!

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    I think most of Alf's stuff is tongue-in-cheek, Saxo, but I suspect he is also reacting to stuff you have posted on the Clarets site.
    I must admit, I do get uneasy when replies get personal, but - as you say - everyone's different.
    There was a time when I got some pretty abusive stuff on here too, but that was because I couldn't resist airing my left-wing politics. I try to steer clear of it now. I reserve it for winding up Trump supporters on American political sites!
    So you can wind up the Yankees but I can't wind up, much deserved, clarets?

So you can wind up the Yankees but I can't wind up, much deserved, clarets?
    Touché! Fair point.

Quote Originally Posted by NZClaret View Post
    That's true. You could well be down in the National League with Tranmere in a few years.

It's fine pulling up a thread from Sept. But it was this kind of ****e we are talking about.
    It could be argued you are closer to achieving that, than us? After all, you have previously dropped from higher than where are now, to within 90 minutes of going out of the league, and out of business. We have never been that woeful. Not now, as you clearly aren't stupid. You can see we are 2nd. You won't admit it to us, but you can see we are heading upwards. We are spending money, have a decent side, decent manager. What foundation did you have to suggest that? I'm really confused. You 'hope' that happens? Because you dislike us. That's fine, say that. We'll have that discussion. You'll have your opinion, I'll have mine. That's welcomed on here. That's football chat. Making comments with no foundation, to get reactions isn't what adults do. Sorry if I overreacted. But this site has been ruined in the past due to exactly that. And it's always Burnley fans. Just like the same ones who post on the LET site. Always Burnley. We don't want that ****e on here.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)