+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Johnny Russell to MLS

That’s why he’s been kicking the ball above the crossbar. Getting some practice in for American Football.

Re Anya. It is my understanding that it is not a lump sum if he plays a certain amount of games, it’s a significant sum PER game that he plays, and I believe this has been the case since he signed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sma11ytheRam View Post
    Re Anya. It is my understanding that it is not a lump sum if he plays a certain amount of games, it’s a significant sum PER game that he plays, and I believe this has been the case since he signed.
    Thanks for that...why on earth did we accept that sort of deal? Like being penalised for making a success of a signing or...if he’s useful you can no longer afford him and football, the club and the player all lose out.
    Ridiculous! (The contract not your explanation.) Never heard of such a ‘deal’ before.

Looking to loan Lookman out and then 10 minutes later decided not to. If nothing else Everton are indecisive, or maybe decisive.

ramAnag. I've heard the same about Anya paid each game he plays Don't know if you are aware but doesn't have an agent and negotiates his own deals Looks like somebody sleeping when that was signed off Don't take a genius to work out who that was Apparently its in the hands of the Football League legal team

Think Russell and Martin are playing silly buggers, both left/leaving their moves till the last minute so we have no time to replace, Martin may not even go anywhere, he knows we need his wages off the bill to bring in other players, so much so even sunderland have seemingly lost patience with him

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Think Russell and Martin are playing silly buggers, both left/leaving their moves till the last minute so we have no time to replace, Martin may not even go anywhere, he knows we need his wages off the bill to bring in other players, so much so even sunderland have seemingly lost patience with him
    Sunderland lost patience in Martin for stalling on the move and not being able to make his mind up on where he was going and is seen as a stubborn git like Wenger and messing everyone about and getting in the bad books, Russell got contacted by Sporting Kansas City and made Russell a tempting offer he couldn’t refuse and he was in and out of the squad throughout this campaign which he didn’t like as he wanted to be a regular player and saw Derby wasn’t going to give him that despite what form he is in and saw Kansas as the team that can give him regular football despite how he plays on the pitch.

Anya on the other hand is just dead weight waiting for an opportunity to come his way whilst playing for the U23’s like Shackell was until Millwall got him of course.

Quote Originally Posted by StensonRam View Post
    Inclined to agree with that Stenson. The timing seems anything but helpful and Rowett’s reaction to leave JR out of tomorrow night’s squad suggests he’s pissed off. Martin and Russell are best mates I believe...can only hope the squad is above such disruption.

DDD. You have just proved how little you know about Derby's players

Something stinks, i smell a rat!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)