+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    The Vale May hope that Grimsby find a winning streak when they play both Barnet AND Chesterfield at Home next month!

Personally, and I know others will disagree for good reason, I hope the Vale stay up. I have a couple of good friends who have season tickets at the Wembley of the North (stop tittering in the cheap seats) and I wouldn’t wish the misery of the National League on them, not now we look safe anyway!!

Having watched Barnet on Saturday I’m not surprised they look doomed - awful side with no attempt to play football that made Newport look like Citeh!!! Chesterfield, on the other hand, were a delightful surprise yesterday and thoroughly deserved to beat County and their dubious tactics (Ameobi and friends throwing their arms around and then themselves to the floor). I fancy Grimsby to finish below them, and possibly Morecambe and the Vale too.
    Vale can do themselves and the clubs around them a favour by beating Chesterfield on Good Friday at vale park, if they can do that then we are practically safe, although I do fancy us to get results against Barnet and Vale and with our points total draws are not the end of the world, obviously 6 points would be better, but the season so far has taught us not to get too carried away.

Quote Originally Posted by alexmick View Post
    ........ our superior goal difference ......

Now when was the last time you ever saw anyone write that?

John Pemberton has now left Northampton Town - a good replacement for Artell?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    John Pemberton..... Well, he did invent Coca Cola back in the 19th century. Reckon he would give us more fizz, Furberstreet?

Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Dare I ask, why would we need to replace Artell?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy58 View Post
    Dare I ask, why would we need to replace Artell?
    Dare I ask, why would we not need to?

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    Dare I ask, why would we not need to?
    I think he is doing a decent job. There may be better managers out there but it is unlikely there will be any with a greater desire for CAFC to do well. I see no need to change.

I do.

Another poor season, and many mis-managed games. He is learning yes but it needs to happen quicker in a **** league where Acc S are winning it.

Review each game from Sept to yesterday, too many slumps, bad spells and issues.

Top passion yes, but Bakes had that also (so maybe he is a number 2?)

Let's hope for a steady first 3 months next season because I hugely doubt a similar ride to this one will be accepted?

Panicking manager losing control, again.
    Shut up shop when we're 4-1 up. Clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Panicking manager losing control, again.
    Shut up shop when we're 4-1 up. Clueless.

Clueless? - get a life, mate!!
    Beating a team in the play-offs? - away from home? - scoring 4?
    Give me a clueless manager any day in that case!!

Artell and Lunt seem to be getting the best out of Bowery and Kirk.
    I bet many didn't think that was possible.
    If they can keep the core together for next season, who knows what a year's extra experience will do?
    They certainly deserve the chance to find out.

Looking forward to Luton next Saturday!!

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast