+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    Clueless? - get a life, mate!!
    Beating a team in the play-offs? - away from home? - scoring 4?
    Give me a clueless manager any day in that case!!

Artell and Lunt seem to be getting the best out of Bowery and Kirk.
    I bet many didn't think that was possible.
    If they can keep the core together for next season, who knows what a year's extra experience will do?
    They certainly deserve the chance to find out.

Looking forward to Luton next Saturday!!
    Well said Somerset. Having the better of a 7 goal thriller is better than the alternative. Something we experienced at Swindon I recall. Artell and Lunt are on a learning curve as are many of the players. We seem to have a decent side now that are picking up a lot of points that may have been hitherto umexpected. I will settle for that

Of course results have improved which is wonderful, but how long does it take to learn some of the basics of being a manager. The learning curve is nearly 18 months through.
    Yes, take Kirk off because he was not doing his job, but replace him with Ainley leaving the other 10 unaffected. But no, bring another CH on, so that the whole team balance is upset. Bowery then left on his own, the midfield gets overrun and we end up playing 8 at the back. Against a side that wasn't on such a run as Mansfield (not won for 9 games) we would have lost.
    This collapse has happened too often and continues to happen, but the managerial team have to take their share of the blame.
    Yet another mis-managed game.
    Last edited by whosbrianwilson; 07-04-2018 at 04:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Of course results have improved which is wonderful, but how long does it take to learn some of the basics of being a manager. The learning curve is nearly 18 months through.
    Yes, take Kirk off because he was not doing his job, but replace him with Ainley leaving the other 10 unaffected. But no, bring another CH on, so that the whole team balance is upset. Bowery then left on his own, the midfield gets overrun and we end up playing 8 at the back. Against a side that wasn't on such a run as Mansfield (not won for 9 games) we would have lost.
    This collapse has happened too often and continues to happen, but the managerial team have to take their share of the blame.
    Yet another mis-managed game.

We won!

For me Artell was right today, we needed to change as the side looked exhausted and we’d started to get over run. As we didn’t have the option of a midfielder then using a defender and holding on isn’t a bad shout.

Quote Originally Posted by thnhouse View Post
    We won!

Precisely!
    It's a results business and we got the result!!
    How on earth is that a mis-managed game??

You often hear "let's hold on to what we have", and we all know we are the world's worst at that (I was at Swindon!!!), but if you don't try these things, how the bloody hell are you going to learn?!

It's one thing to criticise a team when they lose - but when they win? - some people are *never* happy!!!

A perfectly managed game for me!!

Cannot believe what I am hearing tonight. Complaining after the Alex have picked up three valuable points against a play-off challenging side, who were favourites to go straight up at the beginning of this season. Now I can understand all the complaints last time we played Mansfield at Field Mill. On that occasion the opposition scored three goals, just like today. Problem was that Crewe failed to score any goals at all. That dreadful result (3-0 loss) took place on 7th January 2017. Personally, I am well pleased with the 4-3 win today and our ever improving form over the past couple of months. That sums up the situation perfectly for me. Up the Alex.

Anyone watch the Manchester derby tonight? In the first half, City made United look like Championship plodders; in the second half United took the bus out of neutral, gave it a go, got a couple of quick goals and suddenly looked imperious! Better managers than Dave Artell struggle with the correct way of closing out matches from a dominant position.

Mansfield weren't in great form, but it's still a great result away at a side looking to make the play-offs. We're now all but safe from relegation. So: what's the expectation for next season?

I think we need to see some sort of improvement. Another season of looking nervously over our shoulders and no hint of a play-off place and we can shake hands with DA and look to move in a new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    He is learning yes but it needs to happen quicker in a **** league where Acc S are winning it.

I've made my views perfectly clear on statements like this.
    It's not a **** league, it's just ****tier than the league above, that's why it's the league below.
    And so what if Acc S are winning it? - they just happen to be bloody good at what they do and credit to 'em!

But I think I've heard it all now when a Stoke fan says on P&G tonight that he thinks the Prem lacks quality!
    Jesus, some people have such unbelievably high standards it's untrue!!
    If the Prem lacks quality as well now, we may as well pack up, go home and get scrabble televised!!!

It really winds me up when Alex fans say things like ‘if a club like Accrington are top of the League it must be a poor league’.

It was less than 20 years ago when opposition fans were saying ‘if we can’t beat clubs like Crewe in the second tier of English football, then we don’t deserve to be there’.

We’re we playing poor football? NO
    Did we deserve to be in that division? YES
    Was that patronising to us? YES
    Did we complain that other ‘bigger’ clubs had that attitude? You bet your life we did

So why are we saying it now about a team that lives beyond its means and plays damn good football?

I’d rather know why we aren’t beating the hoof ball teams like Newport, Wycombe and Barnet than why we are below we’ll organised, attractive sides like Accrington - whom we outplayed at Highbury despite losing by the way.

Let’s show the same type of respect to clubs that we expect in return.

Quote Originally Posted by AstonAlex View Post
    It really winds me up when Alex fans say things like ‘if a club like Accrington are top of the League it must be a poor league’.

It was less than 20 years ago when opposition fans were saying ‘if we can’t beat clubs like Crewe in the second tier of English football, then we don’t deserve to be there’.

We’re we playing poor football? NO
    Did we deserve to be in that division? YES
    Was that patronising to us? YES
    Did we complain that other ‘bigger’ clubs had that attitude? You bet your life we did

So why are we saying it now about a team that lives beyond its means and plays damn good football?

I’d rather know why we aren’t beating the hoof ball teams like Newport, Wycombe and Barnet than why we are below we’ll organised, attractive sides like Accrington - whom we outplayed at Highbury despite losing by the way.

Let’s show the same type of respect to clubs that we expect in return.
    Highbury?

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    Highbury?
    Okay, so it's the Wham stadium or something similar, whereas Fleetwood Town play at Highbury.

Is it all that worth while to upbraid AA, a legend on this board, for such a minor error?

Go trial somewhere else. No wonder less people are visiting this board.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast