+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Please go now, Artell

The manager now seems confident that at least 2, maybe 3 or 4 academy grads will sign later this week. Assuming he's right, presumably they have been waiting to see which league we would be playing in before re-signing.

Quote Originally Posted by Proggs View Post
    You don't a lot though, do you

Ouch!
    Hit me where it hurts why don't you?!!!

Yeah, I know I don't go as regularly as others - most southern-based away games and usually one at home (Yeovil) per season. But on the whole I do enjoy it. I love match days, it's just that the 90 mins can sometimes take the edge off the day - but that's part of what being a supporter is about, especially Crewe, especially in league 2!!
    I was at Swindon this season - what value for money that was - but painful at the same time!!

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    .....presumably they have been waiting to see which league we would be playing in before re-signing.

To be honest, can you blame them?
    League 1 to League 2 is one thing but League 2 to oblivion .....???
    Not many of us subscribe to that!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    To be honest, can you blame them?
    Not in the slightest, but it is encouraging in that if we stay in the league, the grads will show some loyalty in ensuring we get a fee to reward the investment in their development.

Hmmmmm..Dave Richards and Owen Dale signed new contracts.

Hope these weren't the 2 that Dave Artell was refering to. Nothing against them, but I was more hoping it would be Ainley, Pickering etc

I'm all for sticking with big Dave and King Kenny. I will admit that I thought a change was necessary mid way through the season, but the way Dave has conducted himself, his obvious passion for the job and the club, and the realization that he is basically learning on the job with no Bakes or Dario (at the moment) to advise then I admit I was wrong in my earlier season thoughts.

Dave hopefully will be a year wiser going into next season, the man tries to get us to play decent football, much more attack minded than his predecessor, and hopefully he can add that midfield experience (Green) and be luckier with injuries.

Inclined to agree with the Doctor above.

Even better, Pickering signed a new long term deal.

Said all along that Artell should be given the full backing of us supporters. The guy has had terrible luck with injuries this season. There have been a few horror shows on home soil, but in the main, the football has been enjoyable and we have had a number of pleasing results since he took over in January 2017. Before that, the football could only be described as dire and fans were falling by the wayside, in response to this. Hopefully, if we can have a good campaign next season, gates will start to pick up again.

Quote Originally Posted by whosbrianwilson View Post
    Inclined to agree with the Doctor above.

Coming as that does in the same thread that you started (with a very ominous title), that's very magnanimous of you!

On a serious note though, don't you think there are far too many knee-jerk reactions in football these days? Managers must be given time to have a go. You never know they might just get it right. We let Artell go too early as a player. Hopefully not as a manager .....

I was surprised when this thread was originally posted, it was always misplaced and I hope that everybody can now see what DA is trying to build here. We now have Pickering signed up and that is a massive boost just leaves 3 who are out of contract, it would be great to get all 3 but I can only see us getting Kirk and even he might leave after some of the unwarranted abuse aimed at him by some.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast