+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Please go now, Artell

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Furberstreet View Post
    Dario would certainly have been fired by other clubs despite his enormous achievements. However, the manager-go-round is much more pronounced today and managers are given a ridiculously short time to deliver success.

It is a case of being careful what you wish for at Crewe. I do sometimes hear news of a lower division club being purchased by a foreign owner and think "why not Crewe?" I then think of Orient.
    Spot on about the merry go round of managers. It is not something I like and I was abused by a few for not advocating the sacking of Steve Davis. However, I do realise he had to go. But some have been calling for Big Dave to be replaced earlier in the season and I suspect there are some who still would. As you say, we should be careful for what we wish for. Heaven forbid that we ended up with Mickey Adams or Graham Westray. Slippery slope. I don't know if it is by intention or pure good fortune but I believe we have the right men in charge now and hopefully they will be given the time to develop and redevelop the squad over the course of a good few years.
    Incidentally, on the subject of coaching, I have seen a quote where Bowery is displaying the form that attracted attention from Aston Villa a few years ago. I guess our coaching has played some part in that. Unless he has changed his brand of Corn Flakes!
    Last edited by Timmy58; 18-04-2018 at 03:42 PM.