+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Think Harsley's In With A Shout ?

Anyone Think Harsley's In With A Shout ?

More or less how Hecky got the job .

Takes the team on a little run starting with a win on saturday .

Not entirely out of the question is it .

Doubt it

Nope

Just thought I'd put it out there , different ownership is obviously a factor from when Hecky had it on a caretaker basis .

I'm just thinking if for some reason they can't land any of their targets , not uncommon as we saw during the transfer window and he picks up some points he may have it till the end of the season and then who knows .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Just thought I'd put it out there , different ownership is obviously a factor from when Hecky had it on a caretaker basis .

I'm just thinking if for some reason they can't land any of their targets , not uncommon as we saw during the transfer window and he picks up some points he may have it till the end of the season and then who knows .
    YES he defiantly as, if he can go on a run of 2 or 3 wins he may keep the job to the end of the season and remember Big Mick's contract runs out in the summer at Ipswich.

No. I don't. I also hope we find a new boss before saturday because it 'll be a damn site harder attracting a new boss should we lose and find ourselves in bottom three with 15 games left. There isn't exactly that bedding in period is there. It's blood n' thunder, needs must. That's why I can't see a foreign manager coming in either.

A key figure darn theear seems to be that French CEO, Gee Gee.

A wunt be surprised if he and Hecky evved sum reyt ding dongs and not talking to each other spells. Toxic.

A wunt be surprised if Gee Gee "recommends" a lower ranking French manager to the rest of the Gang, someone he can do business with.

Summats not reyt darn theear.

I'd say sumat is reight down there. GG brought in Matt Mills who is 31. He also brought in a winger Hecky was tracking in Mahoney and a striker Hecky had been after for ages in Mcburnie. He also wanted players who could hit the ground running and some with Championship experience. He was able to bring in Piniloss and Moore. He could n't have done much more in that transfer window.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    I'd say sumat is reight down there. GG brought in Matt Mills who is 31. He also brought in a winger Hecky was tracking in Mahoney and a striker Hecky had been after for ages in Mcburnie. He also wanted players who could hit the ground running and some with Championship experience. He was able to bring in Piniloss and Moore. He could n't have done much more in that transfer window.
    The damage was done in the summer steve and January looked to me to be a rebuild of the rebuild .

Remember the interview he gave after the Rotherham pre season game .

The writing was on the wall then , the cracks were exposed that day and I don't think they were ever healed .

Whilst Patrick remained in control and also terminally ill Hecky possibly felt duty bound and got on with it in my opinion .

With the new ownership and Patrick's sad passing it made the job of leaving the club far easier and his conscience clear .

Just my take it on it mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    The damage was done in the summer steve and January looked to me to be a rebuild of the rebuild .

Remember the interview he gave after the Rotherham pre season game .

The writing was on the wall then , the cracks were exposed that day and I don't think they were ever healed .

Whilst Patrick remained in control and also terminally ill Hecky possibly felt duty bound and got on with it in my opinion .

With the new ownership and Patrick's sad passing it made the job of leaving the club far easier and his conscience clear .

Just my take it on it mate .
    Remember the famous interview all too well. I wanted him sacking there and then

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast