+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Could we get drawn into the relegation battle?

Could we get drawn into the relegation battle?

I do not want to seem too pessimistic but after watching yesterday`s performance and considering our two most influential players are out for the rest of the season,is it now conceivable that we could get dragged into a relegation fight?
    We are 11 points clear of the drop but that could shrink again today and all the teams at the bottom seem to be picking up points.I also think 40 points will not be enough to stay up this season.I cannot see where our possible goals can come from at the moment.There is very little creativity in the team and I think we are getting into a rut physically and psycologically-even Dyche admitted after the match that the present starting eleven need reinforcements.It is a pity they did not think about that in the January window knowing Defour had a problem and Brady out for the season.
    I hope those dropped points in extra time against Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool do not come back to bite.At the moment we seem to be on the wrong side of all the tight margins.

Absolutely not.. No chance in hell of that happening..

We have lost our mojo and the margins have gone the other way. 10 without a win is not good.
    Next four games should give some relief with 3 out of four at Home - Southampton, Everton and Chelsea and West Ham Away.
    Last edited by oldcolner; 11-02-2018 at 12:46 PM.

If we play the way we did yesterday then the answer is a definite yes. We are no longer pressing the ball the way we did earlier. We need to get back to what we have been good at and that is getting in front of the opposition immediately, make them pass the ball that is the way mistakes are made by the opposition. Also cant see where our next goal is coming from and it might be time for a bit of juggling up the front line, possibly let Agai have a turn with either Barnes or Vokes, or give Wells an extended run have a bit of faith in the additional player. I mean yesterday Swansea only played three at the back we could have matched that by playing three up front.

Living in Cardiff this was only the second game I have been to this season.

Pope is a good goalkeeper but his kicking and distribution are not yet good enough.Taylor is not as good as Ward going forward and Tarkowski is better than Long.Once we have a better defensive unit AND get Wood back then I think we'll be fine.We will not be drawn into a relegation battle but the summer priority to me is finding a creative midfield player.They cost money and are difficult to find but surely we have the set-up now to find someone.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I do not want to seem too pessimistic but after watching yesterday`s performance and considering our two most influential players are out for the rest of the season,is it now conceivable that we could get dragged into a relegation fight?
    We are 11 points clear of the drop but that could shrink again today and all the teams at the bottom seem to be picking up points.I also think 40 points will not be enough to stay up this season.I cannot see where our possible goals can come from at the moment.There is very little creativity in the team and I think we are getting into a rut physically and psycologically-even Dyche admitted after the match that the present starting eleven need reinforcements.It is a pity they did not think about that in the January window knowing Defour had a problem and Brady out for the season.
    I hope those dropped points in extra time against Utd,Arsenal and Liverpool do not come back to bite.At the moment we seem to be on the wrong side of all the tight margins.
    Yes , Yes and Yes,...But I Truly hope not,....

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    All Hands to the pump, springs to mind, which is not the best outlook.....But considering our injury crisis, and lack of incomings, Really what does anyone expect!,....

it doesn't look like it - and that's good for us - but perhaps not so for those behind the team....being they're more suited to the Championship Game.

At the time of writing we’re not in a relegation battle, however if we don’t pick up points in the next couple of games, I would say we could very well be dragged into the survival mode. We were dire yesterday, no energy, no offensive threat whatsoever, hoping to get a 0-0 draw. As I see things, Leicester are the ‘best of the rest’, then Everton, the remaining 12 are fighting for survival. A few things are in our favour.

• Our current 36 points are like gold.
    • Our goals difference is far superior to other relegation threatened clubs.
    • Clubs below us play each other, they can’t all win, can’t all lose, more or less beating each other up, jumping a few places with a win, losing a few places with a loss or draw.

I never thought I would say this, but with our midfield looking a bit toothless with Brady and Defour missing, I think it is the ideal time to get Marney back in the team (if he is match fit).

He would add presence, bite and energy - which we are missing.

Ideally me team would be

Pope
    Lowton, Tarkowski, Mee, Ward
    Lennon, Cork, Marney, Hendrick, JBG
    Wood

Southampton is a must not lose game, otherwise nerves may start to kick in.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)