+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Investment for CW?

Quote Originally Posted by Twirlo70 View Post
    i wa told last night that the last club the prince owned sold every one of their best players then phucked em of. can anyone do some digging to find out if true. ? p.s. im too lazy to try an cant be ars..ed
    FKB has already covered this on another thread. It’s bollox mate, started by a ‘New’ caller to Football Heaven who frankly reeked of Pork and sounded familiar. The Taxi guy is my best guess.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I learned that sometimes the best way of getting change is creating a crisis. I have no idea, but lets say for a moment that HRH wants out with a pocket of cash, nothing would galvanise the other owner to negotiate it like triggering a clause in a contract to make him sell the thing he doesn't want to sell. It will become clear as time passes.
    Not thought of that but great point, seems both are vying for power.

well if this report is true maybe mr mcabe aint gonna go quietly looks like there could be a power struggle for control of the blades in any case if there is new investment and that means more money for chris in the summer it can only be good news for us as for the saudi speculation its just pigs trying to stor things up theyve had their chance spent chansiris cash and failed their clutching at any straws now cos they know the tide is turning in uniteds favour utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    well if this report is true maybe mr mcabe aint gonna go quietly looks like there could be a power struggle for control of the blades in any case if there is new investment and that means more money for chris in the summer it can only be good news for us as for the saudi speculation its just pigs trying to stor things up theyve had their chance spent chansiris cash and failed their clutching at any straws now cos they know the tide is turning in uniteds favour utb ftp
    If it is wealthy investors being brought in by McC they are going to want their say, and, if they're putting 'loadsamoney' in, they may well want a bigger say than the prince.

So, better the devil you know?
    better the devil you know a bit?
    or completely new unknown investment?

Many are fearful of the foreign investment from the prince taking control so what will they think of totally unknown investors taking over?

McC might bring them in but, I would imagine, have little say after that so does that open up a new can of those pesky foreign worms?

More questions than answers ATM.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    If it is wealthy investors being brought in by McC they are going to want their say, and, if they're putting 'loadsamoney' in, they may well want a bigger say than the prince.

So, better the devil you know?
    better the devil you know a bit?
    or completely new unknown investment?

Many are fearful of the foreign investment from the prince taking control so what will they think of totally unknown investors taking over?

McC might bring them in but, I would imagine, have little say after that so does that open up a new can of those pesky foreign worms?

More questions than answers ATM.
    I was told McCabe offered £10 million to the Prince, which course was rejected. My issue with the Prince is he does not appear to have the personal wealth to do this but then neither does McCabe. Whoever comes out on top will have to bring new investment in. We can only sit and wait.

It's all speculation BFL but I would surmise, like you, that McC does not have the funds (and possibly the will) to pay for SUFC to the next step.

The Prince may have but the evidence is not there. Is his bid to buy out McC backed by outside investment or has he decided to make his move because he now sees the opportunity ( game changing will come n the CHamp) but is being held back by McC not putting in his share?

Is this new snippet of news an indication that,now the prince has triggered the buy out clause, McC is fearful of him being sole owner and, in his role as 'guardian' of the club does not trust him to have the best interestsw of SUFC at heart, so is therefore looking to bring his own outside investors?
    Last edited by tomytony; 11-02-2018 at 12:35 PM.

i think you may well be correct tt with that last paragraph ive a feeling both kevin mcabe and the prince both have found new parties willing to invest in us could well get a bit messy all of this eh its never dull at the lane is it

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    It's all speculation BFL but I would surmise, like you, that McC does not have the funds (and possibly the will) to pay for SUFC to the next step.

The Prince may have but the evidence is not there. Is his bid to buy out McC backed by outside investment or has he decided to make his move because he now sees the opportunity ( game changing will come n the CHamp) but is being held back by McC not putting in his share?

Is this new snippet of news an indication that,now the prince has triggered the buy out clause, McC is fearful of him being sole owner and, in his role as 'guardian' of the club does not trust him to have the best interestsw of SUFC at heart, so is therefore looking to bring his own outside investors?
    That’s probably the way I see it TT. even the combined wealth of our current owners isn’t enough for Wilder to complete financially with most of the top end clubs in this division, but of course there’s still a chance we could go up via the play-offs and that could be what’s stirred the interest of some prospective investors, it could be seen as a chance to make a fast buck.

I’m not now and never have been 100% convinced that McCabe always paints the full picture, but then again I’m not all all convinced about the Prince who let’s be honest has only turned up in the City on a handful of occasions since he bought in so I’m wary on both counts. As I posted yesterday, he only arrived due to a chance meeting, not by desire. Either way it needs to be sorted before the end of the season so Wilder will know exactly what he’s got at his disposal in the summer window.

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i think you may well be correct tt with that last paragraph ive a feeling both kevin mcabe and the prince both have found new parties willing to invest in us could well get a bit messy all of this eh its never dull at the lane is it
    Its amazing how stubborn-ness can disappear when the number gets big enough!

Quote Originally Posted by Blade for Life View Post
    I was told McCabe offered £10 million to the Prince, which course was rejected. My issue with the Prince is he does not appear to have the personal wealth to do this but then neither does McCabe. Whoever comes out on top will have to bring new investment in. We can only sit and wait.
    This is the problem BFL, I was told by somebody who has connections to the club (well; certain players anyway), that it was the other way around and it was McCabe who refused to put any more money. If that’s the case and the new twist is correct, it could be because he was already in talks with potential investors and so he didn’t want to change what had been previously budgeted.

So many ifs and buts.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast