+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ghost and Pboro

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    it wasn't just the saves he made, or the crosses he collected - he was so calm all the way through the match.

i don't think we would have kept a clean sheet with darlow in goal.

i hope the goalie can keep that up and command his area / martial his troops.

i also think kenedy makes a hige difference to the side. he makes some mistakes sure - but he brings an awful lot of flair too

unfortunately i was too ill to go and have been told by people around us in the gallowgate to stop away !! i wasn't too ill to watch most of it on tele though
    we will never know
    howeevre darlow and elliott would haveboth made those saves

they wouldnt have come for the crosses and they dont talk as much as he did

what i will say is if rafa plays to kennedys and rithchies and shelveys strenghths
    ie attack we will have many more results like this

i think manure were caught out by our positiveness and werent allowed to settle

usually w sit back and let teams settle and attack us

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    we will never know
    howeevre darlow and elliott would haveboth made those saves

they wouldnt have come for the crosses and they dont talk as much as he did

what i will say is if rafa plays to kennedys and rithchies and shelveys strenghths
    ie attack we will have many more results like this

i think manure were caught out by our positiveness and werent allowed to settle

usually w sit back and let teams settle and attack us
    Darlow and Elliot may not have made those saves,They are shot stoppers not decision makers.For me there is two main type of keepers,those making flying saves like Yashin,or those who make themselves big and get their angles right like Shilton, De Gea can do both.You said the shots our new keeper made were straight at him,perhaps it was because he got his position right and anticipated where the ball was going so didn't have to make a spectacular dive.That block from Martial was a case of running at him instead of staying on his line as Darlow may well have done.

Regardless. It's time to praise the new keeper for what he did rather for what he may not have done or what any other keeper may or may have or not have done.

We all have to hope he simply keeps it up.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    Darlow and Elliot may not have made those saves,They are shot stoppers not decision makers.For me there is two main type of keepers,those making flying saves like Yashin,or those who make themselves big and get their angles right like Shilton, De Gea can do both.You said the shots our new keeper made were straight at him,perhaps it was because he got his position right and anticipated where the ball was going so didn't have to make a spectacular dive.That block from Martial was a case of running at him instead of staying on his line as Darlow may well have done.
    darlow would have come out
    it was more piss poor finishingt than great save ,godd as it was

the scramble at the end his posts were covered as they should be he was in the middle he didnt have to do much
    any keeper would have taken up the positions he did

better than darlow and elliott at taking crosses
    but lets just hope he can keep doing that and his box doesnt get to crowded with his own players

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    darlow would have come out
    it was more piss poor finishingt than great save ,godd as it was

the scramble at the end his posts were covered as they should be he was in the middle he didnt have to do much
    any keeper would have taken up the positions he did

better than darlow and elliott at taking crosses
    but lets just hope he can keep doing that and his box doesnt get to crowded with his own players
    "i cannot understand rafas constant chasing of a keeper
    it seems to me that he is wasting time money and resources trying to pluck a keeper from anywhere"

a pmag quote

and one i still stick by
    as i dont think clean sheets will keep us up goals will

why i still think afetr one game he looks good
    i still think elliott or darlow makes those saves

what i dont like is we are relying on fizzy players to score the goals to keep s up

i do hope slimani when and if he gets and keeps fit scores the goals

however after that we are relying on the odd goal here or there from the likes of ritchie

i whilst i think at first glance we have an average keeper
    and i do mean average
    apart from taking a few crosses and talking to his back 4 i didnt see anything that makes me think he is world class or even a lot better than we have

i have said many many many times and people choose to ignore it
    that we have 2 decent keepers we have some decent attacking players

we donyt have a goal scorer

thats why i wouldnt have pursued a keeper
    we wont go down for conceeding goals
    we will go down for not scoring enough

clean sheets will only get you a point
    goals can get you 3

Personally, I don't think Elliot is mobile enough to have got down to that injury time chance and I don't think Darlow would have got out quickly enough when the ball broke on the edge of the six yard box or got a strong enough hand to the Young shot.

the one he came out to all keepers would have come out and its not such a save as much as a poor finish

when some said manure could be got at at the back
    i honestly feel its one of the worst attacking amnure sides i have seen

i expected a draw on the day to be honest

but then i didnt expect rafa to attack

i still think the best form of defence for our squad is attack

yes we are mid table on goals conceded

but its the goal diferance that has got is where we are

peole keep saying it might come down to goal differance ..it wont

but if it does we need to score goals

clean sheets and no goals wont keep us up

lets see how he sets up at bournemouth

they can go on a scoring spree they have many games having scored 2 or more in some cases 3 and 4

but they do concede regulaly rarely do they keep clean sheets
    lets hope he attacks

"for all thos numpties and platsics who eep saying we have a chimpo side with chimpo players you obviously dont know footy and dontsee what we have "

at it again pmag

what i dont like is we are relying on fizzy players to score the goals to keep s up

make your mind up

Contradicts himself(Pboro) all the time man, the bloke wants to make his, and Ghosts,mind up, for them both, if that makes sense>He just cant help having a dig, he seems to find giving well deserved praise difficult for some reason, maybe its something from his childhood, who knows.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)