+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Trini

FAO Trini

Am I remembering right and you’re into TKD?
    Last edited by Nufcian; 12-02-2018 at 07:32 AM.

I am, if that's any help, Ian?

I'm an ex kack boxer.
    I tried it for a while and found out I was kack at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    I am, if that's any help, Ian?
    Ah... knew it was someone 😂

What federation? Was getting my haircut and the fella cutting it was a TKD instructor and he was explaining the differences in federations, and that some include punching/striking and some are as per Olympics and just kicking.

His lass recently took silver at worlds and came second to a lass from North Korea.

Interesting getting a haircut and chewing the fat about martial arts 😁

Ours is a variation of ITF and is its own style (TAGB - TaeKwonDo Association of Great Britain) but its roots are directly from the first Korean practitioners who brought TKD over in the late 60s.

Ours allows both punches and kicks and the fighting is more dynamic than the Olympic style which is akin to chess with kicking-albeit fantastic kicking. I liken the differences between the two styles to the differences between rugby league and rugby union: lots of similarities but a couple of key differences.

There you go-a straight answer without any swearing or puns.

Normal service will be resumed soon.

Wrong person. I kick your as's tho'.

Only joking bro. Although I don't do it yet, wouldn't mind getting into Krav Maga. That's more my style.

That's what the Israeli special forces do isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Ours is a variation of ITF and is its own style (TAGB - TaeKwonDo Association of Great Britain) but its roots are directly from the first Korean practitioners who brought TKD over in the late 60s.

Ours allows both punches and kicks and the fighting is more dynamic than the Olympic style which is akin to chess with kicking-albeit fantastic kicking. I liken the differences between the two styles to the differences between rugby league and rugby union: lots of similarities but a couple of key differences.

There you go-a straight answer without any swearing or puns.

Normal service will be resumed soon.
    Yeah, this guy was ITF and 6th Kyu, and his instructor brought it from Northern Korea.

Was good to discuss it, because I was always a bit sceptical about TKD as it lacked punches (I thought), so was good to discover more about it... gonna do some cross training with him in the future as he’s starting a night teaching near me and has time between kids and adults where there’ll be a few people training.

I’m well into JKD these days, which i’m completely loving because the Kali aspect is completely new but the improvement in footwork at all ranges is a revelation. Still do a bit of K1 training, as that’s my background.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    That's what the Israeli special forces do isn't it?
    That's where it came from. Had a bouncer mate who used to do MMA that introduced me to it. The central tenent of it is to kick the person's balls back up into his throat ASAP and run your as's out of the situation.

Quote Originally Posted by trinitoon View Post
    That's where it came from. Had a bouncer mate who used to do MMA that introduced me to it. The central tenent of it is to kick the person's balls back up into his throat ASAP and run your as's out of the situation.
    Aye. Incapacitate them then get the fok out of there.

Do whatever it takes-within reason- to make sure they're not coming after you. I know it depends on context but so many knackers carry knives these days maybe just a smack isn't enough.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)