+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 625 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: Derek McInnes

Time for our players to turn up for a big game.

Yep I agree , who as an Aberdeen fan wants us to lose against Celtic? I would imagine no one. Surely we all want to hammer them!
    Also agree with JIMBO 86 that our players need to turn up and put in a decent performance but I will add that our manager owes us a very decent performance also. Time he was hitting back at Brendan Rodgers instead of getting his @rse spanked every time.

Unfortunately its not always about turning up its about simply not being good enough.

On balance it remains my position that McInnes is doing a reasonable job. The biggest thing that sticks in everyone's craw is the ineptitude displayed against Celtic and the huns.

Michael Stewart hit it on the head on Sportscene by suggesting that McInnes thinks too much about the opposition. Granted he only does so in games he perceives us as being the underdogs. It would appear Hibs away falls into that category. The players appear very uncomfortable being asked to play a different set up and potentially position in these games and time and time again the games have simply unravelled. There is a lot to be said for simply sticking to the way we play against the lesser teams.

He also must realise that O'Connor is inept. Not only is he very limited as a footballer he is positionally hopeless and a complete bottle merchant. Stewart was laughing at him in the highlights of the Hibs game and I was forced to agree. WTF is up with Arnesen not playing ?

O'Connor should be nowhere near the team when we play the cheeks and out the door at the end of the season hopefully. I think Ball would be a better option in holding midfield as he has looked ok in the games he has come on and is probably the best of a bad lot in that position.

We are definitely missing Jack and Hayes in the big games and maybe even that big galoot Taylor.
    Last edited by kigoretrout; 22-02-2018 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kigoretrout View Post
    We are definitely missing Jack and Hayes in the big games and maybe even that big galoot Taylor.
    Interesting that there were some that thought we would manage and be better without Jack and Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    Interesting that there were some that thought we would manage and be better without Jack and Taylor
    Just goes to show that McInnes doesn’t have a eye for a player don’t it !!

Unfortunately its not always about turning up its about simply not being good enough.

On balance it remains my position that McInnes is doing a reasonable job. The biggest thing that sticks in everyone's craw is the ineptitude displayed against Celtic and the huns.

Michael Stewart hit it on the head on Sportscene by suggesting that McInnes thinks too much about the opposition. Granted he only does so in games he perceives us as being the underdogs. It would appear Hibs away falls into that category. The players appear very uncomfortable being asked to play a different set up and potentially position in these games and time and time again the games have simply unravelled. There is a lot to be said for simply sticking to the way we play against the lesser teams.

He also must realise that O'Connor is inept. Not only is he very limited as a footballer he is positionally hopeless and a complete bottle merchant. Stewart was laughing at him in the highlights of the Hibs game and I was forced to agree. WTF is up with Arnesen not playing ?

O'Connor should be nowhere near the team when we play the cheeks and out the door at the end of the season hopefully. I think Ball would be a better option in holding midfield as he has looked ok in the games he has come on and is probably the best of a bad lot in that position.

This ^^^^^

For me it's not entirely McInnes' fault. In the market he has to kiss a lot of frogs and, unfortunately, many of his defensive / defensive mid-field choices have turned out to be sh1te. Shinnie is a great left back and decent mid-field player but tackles like a full back in mid-field where there is no touch line to save him when he goes to ground.

It's also not his fault that Reynolds and Logan have decided to be ****e of late but he is to blame for giving GMS any sort of defensive duty and for not realising our weakness is in defending so we might as well play the game in the other half against the better teams.

tough gig though

Quote Originally Posted by Basingstokered View Post
    Just goes to show that McInnes doesn’t have a eye for a player don’t it !!
    Not really,
    In the constrained financial situation he has in his budget, there will be a lot of balancing to be done and probably not in his ideal options.
    So as DonUnder states, DM has to kiss a lot of frogs, or see if he can reinvigorate some players careers etc.
    Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't

We were always going to miss Hayes, **** all Mcinnes could do about that. He has the rare and beautiful quality of getting you off your seat when he had the ball.

Definitely Mcinnes best signing.

Signed by Craig Brown

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    We were always going to miss Hayes, **** all Mcinnes could do about that. He has the rare and beautiful quality of getting you off your seat when he had the ball.

Definitely Mcinnes best signing.
    Would agree with you if it wasn't Auld Broon who had signed him !

Page 12 of 625 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast