+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 501 of 625 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,010 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    No one is saying we are entitled to win every game, far from it so your "always" comments are a stretch. But can you honestly say that every game we play we show the same desire? Be it against a Celtic or a Hibs or a lower league cup game?? I guarantee you that you can't and this attitude coupled with negative comments and selections from McInnes then lends itself to massive unrest within the support.

Leicester winning the league was virtually impossible, Greece winning the Euros was virtually impossible, Denmark winning the Euros was virtually impossible but you know what... They all happened! We console ourselves in Scotland with the facts that Celtic and Sevco have more money so therefore should be winning everything, how about trying to change that and not aiming for 3rd spot as a maximum?

What's to stop a team like Aberdeen dominating the other 34 fixtures outwith the gruesomes? Is it that inconceivable that we shouldn't be looking at a record of 28-4-2 which would give us a points total of 88?

I firmly believe that with the right manager, right coaching team, right recruitment and right game plan for each match that we should be looking at a points tally like that.
    Celtic's, £100m Celtic's, record last season, 7 months with the 2nd best manager in the UK, was 27-6-5 and 87 points. Yes I think it is completely inconceivable.

How about not looking at other teams records and what is possible based on that? Here's a radical suggestion instead....

Do you believe that Aberdeen, if all the factors that I listed previously were in place, would be able to achieve a record of 28-4-2 against the non-uglies?

Base your thoughts on that and if you still don't think we could get close to that record then maybe best you go follow a team with limited ambitions, United or similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Rangers memorabilia in house - You think Derek doesn’t?
    Team made up of expensive crocks & flops? - No difference there
    Shyte awful cup exits? - Derek has had a few of them.

There’s no real difference between the two, other than Calderwood was brighter & a wee bit more likeable
    No Derek will have actual medals he won there as a player not a f ucking room a fantacist can boy would have.I

I take it you are fishing . Having met both socially and spoken at length to Bernie Winters whilst he was manager of Aberdeen I certainly have a reasonably factually based assessment of their respective intellects. But hey no I didn't ask them to take an iq test so I'm probably wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post
    No Derek will have actual medals he won there as a player not a f ucking room a fantacist can boy would have.I

I take it you are fishing . Having met both socially and spoken at length to Bernie Winters whilst he was manager of Aberdeen I certainly have a reasonably factually based assessment of their respective intellects. But hey no I didn't ask them to take an iq test so I'm probably wrong.
    I meant fantasist fan boy. The first post was probably more accurate

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    Is it not too much to ask for both?? Why such a negative mindset?

As has been mentioned on here numerous times, we're not expecting to go out and win the league, or for that matter to win both cups but why is it such a crime to expect the players to step onto that field and display the passion and hunger/desire etc we know they are capable of? The final against Celtic and 2nd half against Der Hun being prime examples.

We step onto the pitch against those two believing they are miles better than us, expecting a defeat and hoping for a sneaky 1-0 or a draw. Yes they may have better players and a better team but you know what..... Let them show that they are, don't hand them the victory on a platter before a ball has been kicked. If they win then hands up, they win but to be so meek and show no gumption and then bump our gums that we did ok in the games outwith the gruesome twosome is not what I signed up for when I became an Aberdeen fan.

It has been shown before that both Celtic and Sevco don't like the "in your face" approach, look at when they have dropped points or been beaten in Europe and history will show that to beat them you can't give them a minutes peace. I was watching the Liverpool V Salzburg game yesterday and one thing that really struck me was the mindset of the Salzburg players. They were playing arguably the greatest team on the planet right now but did they lie down, try and contain and play for a sneaky victory?? Not a chance!! They went out all guns blazing even though they were playing the "better players", the "better team" and nearly pulled off an unexpected victory. Yes they got beat but they got beat playing the right way, their fans I'm sure applauded them off the pitch and rest assured there was no comments afterwards from the manager about "shutting people up".

Another thing that struck me about that game was the mindset of the Liverpool players, they actually seemed to relish the challenge rather than be subdued by it. That is something that personally I don't believe Celtic and Sevco have as you get right in their faces, restrict their passing and time on the ball and they will make mistakes which if things go well can be capitalised on.
    As stated im not defending his tactics in all his games against the 2 cheeks.
    The last 2 were a sore watch. I have referenced the lack of midfield for reason/excuse. Has everyone forgotten the results we had against Rangers last season. It would appear reading the posts .

And this ones specially for Mason. If he could dae baith in every game he would be managing someone else.

16/17

Our record against the rest, getting us 70 points.

22-4-4. Possibility and ambition or fantasy? Remember that season, and previous ones. We were playing out our skins. Pure fatigue, lack of options, injuries, red cards, penalties, mistakes and simply what happens in 90 minutes. There's only 30 games against the rest, and you want to win 28. We actually also won another 2 games against Rangers that season. It's the non-old firm record, 76 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore trout View Post

You are. McInnes is thicker than a submarine hatch.

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Completely insane and outright wrong.

I'll expand.

Calderwood 2 semi finals including the worst bottling ever and the other was bad too

61, 54, 65, 53, 53 points

McInnes 8 semi finals 4 finals 1 win

68, 75, 71, 76, 73, 67 points
    A fair chunk of DMs reign has been in a weakened league and cups though.
    No Rangers for a fair bit, Hearts, Hibs and D Utd either relegated or relatively weak for chunks of it.

Anything other than at least 2nd during his time is a failure, and that’s happened twice with Motherwell beating us into 3rd and Killie putting us 4th. Getting to the semis surely also must be/have been a bare minimum with the weakened cups?

For me, he’s done probably a bit less than bare minimum.

16/17

Our record against the rest, getting us 70 points.

22-4-4. Possibility and ambition or fantasy? Remember that season, and previous ones. We were playing out our skins. Pure fatigue, lack of options, injuries, red cards, penalties, mistakes and simply what happens in 90 minutes. There's only 30 games against the rest, and you want to win 28. We actually also won another 2 games against Rangers that season. It's the non-old firm record, 76 points.
    Leicester had 81pts when winning the league, 41pts the year before that, Championship the year before that, Championship year before that, and the year before that, AND the year before that.... You get where I'm going with this??

I'm pretty sure that the expenditure between Man City/Man Utd/Chelsea and Leicester the year they won the league was not too dissimilar from us to Celtic, however, they didn't let that stop them dreaming! If you aim for 75 points a season then you'll never aim for winning it.

Compared to that season you mentioned 16/17 we now are debt free, in a fancy dan new training facility, spending more on wages etc than ever before so why should we not expect to be doing significantly better than that total?

Completely insane and outright wrong.

I'll expand.

Calderwood 2 semi finals including the worst bottling ever and the other was bad too

61, 54, 65, 53, 53 points

McInnes 8 semi finals 4 finals 1 win

68, 75, 71, 76, 73, 67 points
    Not a fair apples for apples comparison given the advantages DM has enjoyed in his time with most of the big teams imploding.

Most people I think would say overall he’s done a decent job. Certainly helped restore some pride & self respect in getting us back to the right end of the league.

Up the belief levels & attitude of the club & most would be happy I’m almost sure of it.

If they look like they are making an effort every week the fans probably would too...

Page 501 of 625 FirstFirst ... 401451491499500501502503511551601 ... LastLast