+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 503 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,030 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by curvasud View Post
    Individually those games could be won. There's a reason that no team wins every game, even Man City, which you're struggling to understand or accept.

If we'd won those other games you're talking about it would have been like 16 game winning streaks and the manager would 100% be poached immediately. Ours was making headlines after 8 and was of course offered the Sunderland job.
    I'm not saying win every game, remember I did say 80% of the games, I do wish you'd keep up!!

9/10 the games outwith the farm then Aberdeen should be favourites, that's not to say we'll win 9/10 but we should at least play like we ARE the favourites and stop playing negatively/defensively whatever you want to call it. Impose ourselves on those 9/10 games and you'll come closer to 3 points each time which in turn breeds more confidence.

You keep talking like having a manager poached is a bad thing, surely any team worth their salt wants a manager that's going to be coveted otherwise they're not doing too well. The more teams that come in for McInnes then the better he's doing and the better Aberdeen Football Club is doing.

You tell me, why does no other team outwith hun connected ones fancy McInnes as their manager? If he's done such a great job and overperformed as you put it then why has there never been credible links to any other teams??

Could it be that they possibly see what we all see, that he has, as every manager does, a glass ceiling and he reached his a few years back?

Quote Originally Posted by ZakkTheMakk View Post
    I'm not saying win every game, remember I did say 80% of the games, I do wish you'd keep up!!

9/10 the games outwith the farm then Aberdeen should be favourites, that's not to say we'll win 9/10 but we should at least play like we ARE the favourites and stop playing negatively/defensively whatever you want to call it. Impose ourselves on those 9/10 games and you'll come closer to 3 points each time which in turn breeds more confidence.

You keep talking like having a manager poached is a bad thing, surely any team worth their salt wants a manager that's going to be coveted otherwise they're not doing too well. The more teams that come in for McInnes then the better he's doing and the better Aberdeen Football Club is doing.

You tell me, why does no other team outwith hun connected ones fancy McInnes as their manager? If he's done such a great job and overperformed as you put it then why has there never been credible links to any other teams??

Could it be that they possibly see what we all see, that he has, as every manager does, a glass ceiling and he reached his a few years back?
    Do you seriously think no other team has wanted him or enquired? I'd assume most teams who'd be interested in him, failing Championship teams or top of League 1, saw him turn down Sunderland and then Rangers and are not going to embarrass themselves publicly going after him, (perhaps rightly) don't think they can get him. He wanted job stability and time to build, in a club big and stable enough. I'd assume he's been on many shortlists and a couple of enquiries when you see all the duffers that have been employed over the years, and many lower end Championship clubs would have him ahead of theirs but they're too sh!t and small.

He's no doubt reached a certain point tactically and is not on the way up any more, but he can get results, identify good players, offers stability and consistency and runs a club very well. It would be interesting to see what he could do with far more resources at a club that could afford as much or more than promotion rivals.

Yeah teams have made enqs for derek that have remained secret from the press and everyone else, probably the same teams that have made these bids for considine that some of here believe would have been made.

Hats off to you, curvasud, for flying in the face of seemingly popular opinion. It's good to see someone going against the grain, otherwise the tedious repetition of those who hog the board makes it virtually unreadable for someone like myself.

Me, I feel no need to shout my opinions from the rooftops but I do find it refreshing that curvasud has bucked the latest trend, and rather than being abused from all quarters the lad/lass should be acknowledged, at the very least, for putting his opinion across in such a forthright manner. The poster, lone wolf though he may be, merits support from somewhere.

Extreme opinions hold no interest for me, and I would suggest, as usual, that the truth lies somewhere between what curvasud says and what his numerous detractors proclaim. But, y'know, who cares what I think? I certainly don't give a fiddler's f uck who does. There's decent arguments on both sides, but please keep up your end curvasud... if you don't I'll more than likely stop visiting this board because it's pretty unreadable (mcwinless/mchun/mcarse/mcwhatever.

Just as an aside, don't some of you get completely bored by typing that same old, same old, don't you fancy coming up with something a bit more valid, that your imagination can churn up rather than milne/hun/mcwinless/hun/****e/*******s? Is life really that bad? I'm happy to make an exception for moog, chiefly because he mounts a credible critique, but many of the rest of you (aldo, red john, even pac FFS, take a look at yourselves) are just mind numbingly boring, and I suspect you know it yourselves.

Pant pishers/happy clappers/top reds.... jesus christ, it's just like the playground when the so-called top dogs create derogatory names for those who hold different opinions to their own. It's pathetic. Moreover, I'd say that because he does go to loads of games and many of you others revel in the fact that you don't, quite justifiably gives him a massive headstart on you, yet even then he gets slammed as a 'top red' or whatever. The board is as tedious as the team this season. Yawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Dons_Syndrome View Post
    Just as an aside, don't some of you get completely bored by typing that same old, same old, don't you fancy coming up with something a bit more valid, that your imagination can churn up rather than milne/hun/mcwinless/hun/****e/*******s? Is life really that bad? I'm happy to make an exception for moog, chiefly because he mounts a credible critique, but many of the rest of you (aldo, red john, even pac FFS, take a look at yourselves) are just mind numbingly boring, and I suspect you know it yourselves.

Pant pishers/happy clappers/top reds.... jesus christ, it's just like the playground when the so-called top dogs create derogatory names for those who hold different opinions to their own. It's pathetic. Moreover, I'd say that because he does go to loads of games and many of you others revel in the fact that you don't, quite justifiably gives him a massive headstart on you, yet even then he gets slammed as a 'top red' or whatever. The board is as tedious as the team this season. Yawn.
    I'm not vehemently in favour of him staying and have seen everything there is to see about him. This place is just a cesspit as described above. About 10 people reassuring each other every day and after every game that they all still obsessively hate McInnes no matter the score or performance. I only commented upon seeing the reaction to the Rangers game when I was checking to see if there was any credit at all. Of course there wasn't. Only losers celebrate draws etc.

I'm more than happy to concede that McInnes did improve us to begin with, I'm fully aware of the mess he inherited and what he did in the short term to transform our fortunes but there doesn't appear to have been any long term strategy with regards youth integration, signing policy, tactical set up etc and this is a major concern going forward.

We can't however at this juncture just accept that things will get better with him in charge, many things have landed on his lap that previous managers never had the luxury of and yet we're no better a footballing side either results wise or entertainment wise.

Long hard questions need to be asked of him from his new gaffers as attendances will continue to slide with the eye bleeding football on show. I said at the start of the league season that we would take 0 points from our games against the old farm, this I concede I was wrong with but I still don't believe we will accrue a win against either of them. I also stated that we would have very poor cup runs this year and so far I'm correct.

A change for change sake is obviously not the solution but with Hibs progressing under Ross, Hearts getting in a new manager, Motherwell currently sitting above us then come the split our 3rd/4th place Euro destiny could already be out of our hands and coupled with an early Scottish Cup exit then decisions will need to be made.

I think this is every bit as rational as curvasuds responses albeit on the other side of the fence.

He will be sacked by Cormack if we miss out on Europa qualifiers altogether, it's clear. The football is sometimes boring but no one appreciates 3-0 wins and goals these days. There's never a feel good factor as a result, unlike when we used to sing that sheep are on fire song. Attendances are falling. We might make a fair loss at this rate. The risk of another 1000 odd drop in season ticket sales would be enormous and fans would be frothing, he'd be out the door. If we finish behind Motherwell questions would be asked and Cormack will be weighing up ticket sales and income.

He will be sacked by Cormack if we miss out on Europa qualifiers altogether, it's clear. The football is sometimes boring but no one appreciates 3-0 wins and goals these days. There's never a feel good factor as a result, unlike when we used to sing that sheep are on fire song. Attendances are falling. We might make a fair loss at this rate. The risk of another 1000 odd drop in season ticket sales would be enormous and fans would be frothing, he'd be out the door. If we finish behind Motherwell questions would be asked and Cormack will be weighing up ticket sales and income.
    Nobody doesn't appreciate a 3-0 win. Thats bonkers. Thw problem is they are not common enough. Good football is far out weighed by sh@te

When the "sheep were on fire" we were exiting and we had potential. We are not now. Bland and hoofy. That lies at the managers door for tactics and recruitmemt but that leads to your next bit......

1000 is a huge dent in our sales. Its quite damning of the product in fact

The fans are already voting with their feet. I know less season ticket holder this season than i ever have. Theres no way this is going unnoticed. Questions will be being asked already i reckon. We have a shed to pay for and fitba is a buisness afterall. More so in the modern day fitba too.

I dont think McInnes is as safe as some believe. Hes bossed by a new guy. A guy with ambition who has a point to prove to Yanks. Yanks dont do bland

If we finish anywhere other than 3rd I think he needs to be punted. He's got a fair bit of credit in the bank due to the run of seasons where we finished 2nd and the cup finals etc. But that credit is running down rapidly and a 4th place finish isn't good enough, certainly not 2 years in a row.

I would imagine the Americans will be looking ahead to the next 5 - 10 years and will have ambitions and plans which will involve year on year improvement, which is what you would expect. They'll be trying to ascertain whether McInnes is capable of delivering, and I'd assume they'll take into account his recruitment, results and style of play and the attendances etc. If he mucks up the January transfer window as badly as he mucked up the summer one, and if we finish below 3rd, don't have a good cup run and attendances continue to drop, I think he might be shifted. If he secures 3rd and we reach at least the semi of the cup they might give him another season. Either way I would imagine they'll be thinking about who the next manager should be already - not so much a specific name, but the credentials and type of guy they will want to take things forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    If we finish anywhere other than 3rd I think he needs to be punted. He's got a fair bit of credit in the bank due to the run of seasons where we finished 2nd and the cup finals etc. But that credit is running down rapidly and a 4th place finish isn't good enough, certainly not 2 years in a row.

I would imagine the Americans will be looking ahead to the next 5 - 10 years and will have ambitions and plans which will involve year on year improvement, which is what you would expect. They'll be trying to ascertain whether McInnes is capable of delivering, and I'd assume they'll take into account his recruitment, results and style of play and the attendances etc. If he mucks up the January transfer window as badly as he mucked up the summer one, and if we finish below 3rd, don't have a good cup run and attendances continue to drop, I think he might be shifted. If he secures 3rd and we reach at least the semi of the cup they might give him another season. Either way I would imagine they'll be thinking about who the next manager should be already - not so much a specific name, but the credentials and type of guy they will want to take things forward.
    All good points, but as a business, year on year improvements include off field activities, which I recall seeing that has happened under DM's term.

It is clear that we have reached a plateau and in order to break through that glass ceiling on the football pitch, something has to change.
    That could be the manager, it could be our training opportunities, it could be the playing budget or a few other things

Summertime could be a pivotal period and where we see what the new board decides.

Page 503 of 625 FirstFirst ... 3403453493501502503504505513553603 ... LastLast