+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 568 of 625 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

He’s contracted until 2022 , he’s going nowhere any time soon

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    He’s contracted until 2022 , he’s going nowhere any time soon
    That's right but I think it will be revealing if by next Summer Cormack has done nothing to extend the contract when he will have only a year to go. Assuming he doesn't then I would guess that he will either let his contract run out if we are still hanging about 3rd in the league or will bite the bullet and bin him if we start next season slow as the cost of getting rid will be doable by then

Cormack and his American chums have plenty money. If they really wanted rid of McInnes they would easily financially deal with it. They obviously want to keep him so that would suggest they lack ambition. Maybe a few of us have overestimated Cormack...he is maybe all bluff and bluster and not really much of an upgrade on Stewart Milne. It’s up to him, but the longer he keeps McInnes the less ambitious he becomes.

Alternatively, faced with a situation where nobody’s actually allowed to pay to get into Pittodrie.
    A situation that we have absolutely no experience of ( not since 1903 anyway)

He may well just decide not to throw a heap of money away just to do something he may well be able to do without cost by the time crowds are allowed back.

The bare truth is we are stuck with The Anchor Man because our new board are not that ambitious. Last season didn’t need to finish so we could see we were struggling to string 2 or 3 passes together never mind winning or attempting to win anything.
    This season fair enough crowds are not allowed in but who really wants to go out their way and watch them under him? Not many I would suggest. The season tickets were always going to decline whether Covid or not. We got quite a few who purchased season tickets and renewed DNA membership to help the club tick along which was for the benefit of the club not anything that McInnes has done.
    McInnes was done a few seasons ago and a good percentage of us could see that. The business people at our club aren’t stupid as their wealth explains that but it doesn’t mean to say they have ambitions to greatly improve Aberdeen FC. Cormack is certainly becoming a guy who likes to pick faults with other people with regards to football interests. Maybe he should look closer to home and show a lot more ambition himself which would certainly make most others listen to him a bit more.

I don't think you can gauge much just now on what Cormack or the wider board thinks. They are in survival mode and have no idea when they will have cash coming in again. With that in mind, there is no way they are going to make a big cash output to change manager as no one knows what the financial landscape is going forward. While they have deep pockets, they will be acutely aware how it may look making a large 6 figure payoff in the current world. When things are more clearer and if results don't improve I think there may be changes.

I would not underestimate the level of ambition that exists, just now is just about survival and trying to work out what the future holds.

I would also not underestimate the regard that McInnes is held by players who are both with us and those we might want to sign. This puzzles me a bit but understand he is seen as a far more forward-thinking coach than many others hence how we can beat off Edinburgh clubs on almost every occasion.

He is certainly not as secure as he was under Milne but for now, there are some good reasons that there is little chance of a change. I seldom post but this is how I understand things.

The survival strategy is overhyped. We have a board with vast wealth...Aberdeen FC will survive through having no fans for a full season. Sacking McInnes is a difficult decision if you have no ambition. Nearly every one of us can see we are not going to win another piece of silverware under him and our attitude to certain matches as a club is very questionable.
    McInnes is done and was done last season. He really doesn’t come across like he has any real belief he can win another trophy. How much our board might not like the sound of this .... the man is going through the motions and unfortunately for them nearly every person that takes an interest in Aberdeen can see this. I hoped when Cormack took over him and his American backers would try and change the perception of our club under Milne. We still look weak as a football team concerned with winning anything. The manager should definitely be the first casualty if this is to be rectified.

Quote Originally Posted by VandeVen7 View Post

I would also not underestimate the regard that McInnes is held by players who are both with us and those we might want to sign. This puzzles me a bit but understand he is seen as a far more forward-thinking coach than many others hence how we can beat off Edinburgh clubs on almost every occasion.
    I think the fact that he has zero ambition above maybe being 3rd in the league and the odd Cup Final whilst being in charge of the 3rd biggest budget in Scottish football (you will note phuck all about winning anything) and he is happy to sign injured duds might be the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by VandeVen7 View Post
    I don't think you can gauge much just now on what Cormack or the wider board thinks. They are in survival mode and have no idea when they will have cash coming in again. With that in mind, there is no way they are going to make a big cash output to change manager as no one knows what the financial landscape is going forward. While they have deep pockets, they will be acutely aware how it may look making a large 6 figure payoff in the current world. When things are more clearer and if results don't improve I think there may be changes.

I would not underestimate the level of ambition that exists, just now is just about survival and trying to work out what the future holds.

He is certainly not as secure as he was under Milne but for now, there are some good reasons that there is little chance of a change. I seldom post but this is how I understand things.
    I agree on the level of ambition from Cormack and that it is so much greater than Milne and we will see this come through post-covid.

Another reason that this season is not the right time to bin McInnes (other than saving the better part of £1M) is that due to the nuclear arms race going on in Glasgow over the ten in a row garbage it would be tough to realistically finish above them in the league this season (celtic will get themselves sorted out soon and sail off into the distance in the league along with sevco unfortunately). If you just look at the recent sevco results announced you would see that their wage bill has gone from £24M two seasons ago to £43M this year (ours is £10M in comparison). This is not sustainable - the shareholders will need to pump in £15M next season to keep the lights on, over and above the same amount this season - there's only so much of your own wealth you want to pi55 away surely???

Next season they will both spend less as one way or another 10 in a row is finished and they sell their better players e.g. Eduard, Kent etc to balance the books and come back to the pack. That's the time we need to make a change and have a real go at competing with them.

Some may call this defeatist for this season, I prefer realistic. I think the ambition is there (okay it was a waste of money but don't tell me spending £800K on a right back lacked ambition even if it did lack football judgement). We also pushed the boat out a bit this season to get the likes of McCrorie when Cormack could have hidden behind covid and told McInnes to work with what he had already. I think we need to keep the faith in Cormack a bit longer.

Does this **** not realise we actually watch these games? Never his fault. He has no humility at all. Praising players that deserve none. Pathetic.

Page 568 of 625 FirstFirst ... 68468518558566567568569570578618 ... LastLast