+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 571 of 625 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,710 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s not just the happy clappers fault that McInnes job seems to be untouchable though.

The likes of Skovdhal,Patterson,Brown etc should have been hounded out of Pittodrie long before they were.

But instead of that happening some people still reminisce of how they enjoyed going to the football back then.

If we didn’t put up with that pish back then McInnes wouldn’t have such a comfortable job because he qualifies for Europe every year.Unfortunately we did so it gave Milne and now Cormack the excuse to say he is doing a great job.
    Nobody reminisces over Paterson or Brown being in charge. Skovdhal was at an odd time. He was up against a Celtic side which had Larsson for a start. I think we made the best of it because it was such a shambles.

There are lots of reasons why McInnes is still in charge and it has nothing to do with someone enjoying doing the conga at Hampden 20yrs ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    Nobody reminisces over Paterson or Brown being in charge. Skovdhal was at an odd time. He was up against a Celtic side which had Larsson for a start. I think we made the best of it because it was such a shambles.

There are lots of reasons why McInnes is still in charge and it has nothing to do with someone enjoying doing the conga at Hampden 20yrs ago.
    It’s a part of why he is still in charge.

Alex Smith got hounded out by the fans for a lot less than what Skovdhal got away with.

Now I’m not saying Alex Smith didn’t deserve to get hounded out by the fans but not calling for Skovdhal to get sacked after getting pumped 6-1 at home to Livingston for example is why Milne has turned us into the club we are today.

All McInnes has to do is finish 4th every year & he’s got a job for life. That’a what makes most Aberdeen fans tick. Finishing 4th & thinking about McGhee.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    All McInnes has to do is finish 4th every year & he’s got a job for life. That’a what makes most Aberdeen fans tick. Finishing 4th & thinking about McGhee.
    Maybe it’s just an odd time for most Aberdeen fans like it was for you and aldo when Skovdhal was in charge.

Skovdahl lost cup finals & qualified for Europe. The benchmark for any McInnes fan. What made it more enjoyable was the fact he did it all without signing rapists, becoming a Celtic feeder club or chatting up huns

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    It’s a part of why he is still in charge.

Alex Smith got hounded out by the fans for a lot less than what Skovdhal got away with.

Now I’m not saying Alex Smith didn’t deserve to get hounded out by the fans but not calling for Skovdhal to get sacked after getting pumped 6-1 at home to Livingston for example is why Milne has turned us into the club we are today.
    If we can't compare McInnes and Ferguson or McGhee then we can't compare McInnes and Skovdahl. The issue isn't me enjoying going to the football with my old man twenty years ago. The issue is the last few seasons and where we are currently headed.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    If we can't compare McInnes and Ferguson or McGhee then we can't compare McInnes and Skovdahl. The issue isn't me enjoying going to the football with my old man twenty years ago. The issue is the last few seasons and where we are currently headed.
    I think you are missing the point and focusing solely on what I said about Skovdhal.

I mentioned the likes of Patterson,Brown etc that also meant McGhee as well.

Whether you want to admit it or not none of us really made it known to Milne that what they all achieved at the club was no where near good enough,they all consistently finished in the bottom half of the table and got papped out of cups by lower league sides and there was always excuses made for them.

Then McInnes comes along,wins a cup and qualifies for Europe every season and Milne tries to fob him off as a success.

McInnes wouldn’t still be here if we didn’t put up with such dross for a quarter of a century.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Skovdahl lost cup finals & qualified for Europe. The benchmark for any McInnes fan. What made it more enjoyable was the fact he did it all without signing rapists, becoming a Celtic feeder club or chatting up huns
    No doubt you’d prefer to return to the Skovdahl era and see the club fighting relegation, severely in debt and signing much poorer players.

Quote Originally Posted by afc1903mad View Post
    No doubt you’d prefer to return to the Skovdahl era and see the club fighting relegation, severely in debt and signing much poorer players.
    Can’t even begin to imagine how much McInnes would sh1te it as manager against Larsson, Albertz, Sutton etc

Anyone arguing that McInnes is a better manager than Skovdahl is off their nut

McInnes is a sh!tebag and everyone in Scottish football or who watches Scottish football knows it.

Page 571 of 625 FirstFirst ... 71471521561569570571572573581621 ... LastLast