+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 593 of 625 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603 ... LastLast
Results 5,921 to 5,930 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Hiya Jack pal

Every team outside the OF rebuilds annually. Difference is McInnes has more money than the rest to do it. You’ll also see plenty of comments regarding the players being sh1te. That’s the players signed by & coached by McInnes.
    McInnes has a better track record of turning decent players into mediocre players than he has of making players better. On paper we've had a decent enough lineup and squad this season, but we're honking. As I've said before, the only players who have played with any kind of desire this season have been those who have their own personal motivation for doing so (Hedges trying to get into the Wales squad, Ferguson trying to get into Scotland squad and earn a move down south, McCrorie initially trying to prove a point having left Rangers, Wright maybe trying to earn an improved contract or a move). I know every player should be able to motivate themselves - but it seems to me that with the exception of the few I've mentioned, the rest have been well below par. They need to take some of the responsibility for that - but the manager surely has to take a big chunk of responsibility too.

Some of his decisions in recent seasons have been woeful - giving Lewis the captaincy was one of the absolute worst. Not giving Anderson at least a fair run at a few games when all our other attackers were either injured or miles off form, was another that mystifies me. Bringing Greg Stewart back on loan after a stinking first spell is another stand out. Playing players out of position constantly, thereby ruining their confidence and also preventing other players playing in their chosen position is another. The list goes on. His man management and team motivation in the last year or so has been dire and his decision making at times has been bizzare.

His time is up. We need a change. It's at the point where I don't even really care who comes in, I'd rather have anyone than McInnes just for the sake of some freshness. It's boring, dull, stale, predictable - and has been for a couple years now (with the exception of a little spell when Hedges, Wright and Watkins made it a bit more interesting - I think that was more their initiative than managers instructions though!)

Quote Originally Posted by thecoach View Post
    how many of us would turn down a wage rise and a four year contract ?

-

Me

If I had to pull on that blue jersey, then there isn’t enough money in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Me

If I had to pull on that blue jersey, then there isn’t enough money in the world.
    Spot on DD
    Agree with this sentiment 100%

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Me

Absolutely this.
    I used to play 5s with a rabid hun and in a drunken dare scenario took opposing tops to wear at our next game. He obviously must have been overjoyed to get the opportunity to wear an AFC one, I just said under no circumstances could I ever wear a hun top.

Quote Originally Posted by thecoach View Post
    Whatever the outcome over the next few months it is good to see the "fake news "agents on this site having to grovel out an apology.
    Who ever manages Aberdeen is faced annually with rebuilding a squad - finding the right blend always takes time .
    We have not been blessed with good luck in terms of injuries , covid and poor refereeing - Collum has history against us - remember Caley game after which he was demoted for a few weeks ?
    Two week ago we were the better team at Livingston and should have won - result 3 strikers out 3 in, albeit on loan but still showed the management brought action .
    We as a club do not have huge resources , do not wisely want to build up huge losses , so we have to work within our limitations.
    I was irked that Scott Wright was leaving without compensation, but that has been rectified. Good riddance to him but how many of us would turn down a wage rise and a four year contract ?
    If we finish up with a new management team so be it - but the performances of the players leaves so much to be desired - why have the "commentators " on this site been so quiet on them ?
    -

Well what a surprise, the twitter zoomers were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    McInnes has a better track record of turning decent players into mediocre players than he has of making players better.
    Peter Pawlett is the standout but there’s been a few. There’s not many you would say have improved under him

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Peter Pawlett is the standout but there’s been a few. There’s not many you would say have improved under him
    https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/...ut-kid-1861004

Great prediction Deek

Big discussion on Sportsound just now...

John Collins putting the boot in regarding being 1-0 up and trying to see the game out for the last 40 minutes.

McInnes is getting roasted.

Page 593 of 625 FirstFirst ... 93493543583591592593594595603 ... LastLast