+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 601 of 625 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,010 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Feck_the_Huns View Post
    And almost at the all time SPL record of consecutive no score matches, 7, already held by HunDMc, whilst at St Johnstone.

5 and a bit games and no goals is a stand alone sacking offence.
    Sadly not at Abergloom it isn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    We as a club could easily afford to pay off The Anchor Man by advertising ourselves as a solution for insomnia. Watching us would put any chunt to sleep.
    Not too sure I am happy at being referred to in the category of "any chunt" but I can certainly confirm that the way McHunis has had us playing for ages is the perfect cure for insomnia.
    And has worked a fkn treat for me last two games in a row, best sleeps I have had in fkn years (seriously)
    Thanks to DM and dons.

COYR

Quote Originally Posted by blowupsheep View Post
    Not too sure I am happy at being referred to in the category of "any chunt"
    It really should have been “every chunt”. I don’t want to leave anyone out.

I am getting very wound up by this "Derek has done a great job" narrative which is being repeated ad nauseam in the media, usually followed by claiming the fans who are calling for his sacking are living in the 80's and expect us to be beating Real Madrid regularly. Then it is said to prove the fantastic job, to look at Aberdeen before he got there.

Derek has done a barely adequate job in my opinion, he got us finishing where we should be finishing and no more. Never once has he excelled and achieved more than we were set up to do, and he has never tried. On top of this for the last two seasons we have finished below where we "should" be finishing. His style of football has always been turgid anti-football, with the team set up to stop a game of football breaking out. His performance in Europe and the cups has been very poor.

I think the last time I really enjoyed one of our performances was the cup final we lost 2-1 to Celtic, as we really went after them and were unlucky not to have them. The team were, rightly, cheered off after this game.

I think his mindset was laid bare when we played Dundee United a few weeks back. Game at 0-0, utd showing nothing, and were there for the taking. Importantly, to Derek, Hibs were losing and Celtic were losing, or had lost. If he had any balls we would have tried to beat United, but at no point did he attempt this, as to him it was "a good day". We moved 1 point further ahead of hibs and all was good in the world. This demonstrated that second was not an option, nothing to strive for.

If he goes, things may be worse, but hopefully we are not getting bored watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Braintree Red View Post
    I am getting very wound up by this "Derek has done a great job" narrative which is being repeated ad nauseam in the media, usually followed by claiming the fans who are calling for his sacking are living in the 80's and expect us to be beating Real Madrid regularly. Then it is said to prove the fantastic job, to look at Aberdeen before he got there.

Derek has done a barely adequate job in my opinion, he got us finishing where we should be finishing and no more. Never once has he excelled and achieved more than we were set up to do, and he has never tried. On top of this for the last two seasons we have finished below where we "should" be finishing. His style of football has always been turgid anti-football, with the team set up to stop a game of football breaking out. His performance in Europe and the cups has been very poor.

I think the last time I really enjoyed one of our performances was the cup final we lost 2-1 to Celtic, as we really went after them and were unlucky not to have them. The team were, rightly, cheered off after this game.

I think his mindset was laid bare when we played Dundee United a few weeks back. Game at 0-0, utd showing nothing, and were there for the taking. Importantly, to Derek, Hibs were losing and Celtic were losing, or had lost. If he had any balls we would have tried to beat United, but at no point did he attempt this, as to him it was "a good day". We moved 1 point further ahead of hibs and all was good in the world. This demonstrated that second was not an option, nothing to strive for.

If he goes, things may be worse, but hopefully we are not getting bored watching it.
    I want change as much as anyone.
    But to say McInnes has “never once excelled” is not true.
    Didn’t we finish ahead of the scum in the league despite their much larger budget?

But he’s run his course at Pittodrie.

I hope it’s asap, at the latest in May, to give the new nan time to complete the massive rebuilding job that he’s been left.

You could say that the newbies were still finding their feet in the top league and that, though it was an achievement, it wasn’t that unbelievable that it could happen.

I think/hope he’ll be gone if 3rd isn’t possible and 5th isn’t likely. I can only see Hibs going further ahead of us now with the rut we are in.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I want change as much as anyone.
    But to say McInnes has “never once excelled” is not true.
    Didn’t we finish ahead of the scum in the league despite their much larger budget?

But he’s run his course at Pittodrie.

I hope it’s asap, at the latest in May, to give the new nan time to complete the massive rebuilding job that he’s been left.
    They were a shambles and whilst they may have had a bigger budget, their recruitment was terrible as well. I don't think that was excelling at all.

McInnes certainly took us on from where we were previously and brought us a good few consistent seasons. His major fault is that he was either content with that and had no desire to take us further OR he just didn't have the ability to take us further. Either way he has failed in that respect, as surely the aim of every club is to improve on whatever position it gets to.

The fans are bored of him, he's bored of the job, the players look like they're bored of playing football. At this stage a change is required and most of us are probably willing to take the risk that any change brings. If McInnes stays next season is more of the same, but probably scrapping to stay in the top 6 because things are going backwards. It needs nipped in the bud before we regress any further.

The new manager will have a massive rebuilding job ahead, but at least that will bring some fresh interest to next season. Who on earth could get enthused about another season with McGoalless at the helm?

Whereas I think it is now time to cut our losses and show some ambition as this can not carry on. I am struggling to think of a situation where a manager is performing adequately and is dumped because the fans and board aspire for more and it being successful. I think to Stoke when they dumped Pulis or Arsenal when they wanted Wenger out.

However the prospect of continuing to watch us going out for a 0-0, with creativity and scoring taking a backseat, is something I cant face anymore

You win some, you lose some.
    You have good seasons, you have bad seasons.

We will continue to lose some games at Easter Road, no matter who the manager is.
    Why wouldn't we? We have no right to a victory every game.

The main problem is, I'M BORED OUT OF MY F'UCKIN T'ITS

It's boring, it's really boring, it's been boring for years.

As much as we all enjoyed winning the League Cup a few years ago, how many of us have watched the game since?
    Not many would be my guess.
    Why? because it was f'uckin boring.

Page 601 of 625 FirstFirst ... 101501551591599600601602603611 ... LastLast