+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 602 of 625 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612 ... LastLast
Results 6,011 to 6,020 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

If he had left after the 2017 Scottish cup final, he could have walked out the door with his head held high and most of us would have wished him well.

For me that was his peak with us and it has been mainly downhill ever since and it's not going to end well for him, well maybe financially it will, but I doubt he will manage at a decent level after us.

I put the blame firmly at the door of our pratt of an ex Chairman.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    You win some, you lose some.
    You have good seasons, you have bad seasons.

We will continue to lose some games at Easter Road, no matter who the manager is.
    Why wouldn't we? We have no right to a victory every game.

The main problem is, I'M BORED OUT OF MY F'UCKIN T'ITS

It's boring, it's really boring, it's been boring for years.

As much as we all enjoyed winning the League Cup a few years ago, how many of us have watched the game since?
    Not many would be my guess.
    Why? because it was f'uckin boring.
    Completely agree and I seem to have been bemoaning this quite a lot recently probably on this thread
    It's not just us though, all fitba is becoming increasingly boring, it's all this possession Shyte that is maybe necessary to win games/be better but as a spectacle (for you DD) it really kills any excitement. Pointlessly passing sideways, backwards from wing to wing up to the 18 yard line then all the way back to your own half then back to the other side DULL DULL DULL. Don't get me started about wingers coming inside FFS, it's OK if you are Peter Weir and do it once every so often and stick it past Paul Cooper but just get to the byeline and get it into the 6 yard box, who knows, you might actually score. If we are going to play with lumps of wood up front then let's just lump it into their box rather than play it on the deck to said lump of wood who fails to control it and the opposition can then pass ad nauseam backwards and sideways zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeeDon View Post
    If he had left after the 2017 Scottish cup final, he could have walked out the door with his head held high and most of us would have wished him well.

For me that was his peak with us and it has been mainly downhill ever since and it's not going to end well for him, well maybe financially it will, but I doubt he will manage at a decent level after us.

I put the blame firmly at the door of our pratt of an ex Chairman.
    If he had left after that Final we would have been calling him a hun judas!! Well maybe Mason wouldn't

It's an impossible situation. The football is dire and it is an entertainment business (apparently). If the club want to move to the next level someone will have to seriously splash the cash to get in a higher quality manager, revamp the squad, get in proper physios, etc. There's not much that can be done about Covid - it affects everyone. Even if they do this it might not work, as there is a malaise at the club. Hope they are looking at risk matrices...

...and failing that, tealeaves.

It's near impossible for the club to pay out £1 million plus to get rid of our management team, then try and get a bailout from the government. I think we are stuck with this for a while yet. I dread to think how poor the season ticket sales will be, as you would need your head examined to pay money to watch this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Braintree Red View Post
    It's near impossible for the club to pay out £1 million plus to get rid of our management team, then try and get a bailout from the government. I think we are stuck with this for a while yet. I dread to think how poor the season ticket sales will be, as you would need your head examined to pay money to watch this team.
    The club will not get anymore of a bailout from the government than what any other club in the top league is getting. It shouldn’t affect us if we pay McInnes off or not. As you say, you definitely would need your head examined especially if you buy a season ticket and pay into the DNA farce whilst McInnes is still in the dugout.

Quote Originally Posted by Braintree Red View Post
    If McInnes has any self respect and any respect for the club he'll surely agree to leave for less than the full amount he's due. Even if he gets half the cash, he's still pocketed millions from the club over the last few years and he'll get another job easily and quickly enough - maybe the Scotland job if Steve Clarke fancies going back to club football after the Euros.

Would totally agree with this. Are play under the current manager has killed us entertainment wise
    Passing sideways, passing backwards, small triangle moves that ultimately go nowhere.
    Otherwise its just an aimless hoof upfront from defense

Not sure if football is changing for the worse or its just are crap tactics. Coaching seems to gone completely now

What actually works and did at the start of the season is fast movement and momentum, Hedges, Watkins and the little Hun

Can anyone imagine Fergie employing passing game consisting of side way passing and going backwards
    He wouldn't stand for it.
    Nor should we
    Future season tickets will bear this out

the trouble is that all the sideways passing, and backwards passing end up with a hoof forward.

If we just went for the hoof forward in the first place then at least we would get more of them.

I see that's Celtic unbeaten in their last 13 games against us.

Challengers.

Page 602 of 625 FirstFirst ... 102502552592600601602603604612 ... LastLast