+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 606 of 625 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616 ... LastLast
Results 6,051 to 6,060 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Not my choice personally but if we get rid of McInnes now it will probably be Lennon.

We are skint,it will cost us a fortune to sack McInnes and his back room staff plus Lennon will be free.

I would also have went for Goodwin but he will cost a fair amount now he has signed that new contract.

Only if you can’t see past Scottish football.

We should try and get the Bodo/Glimt guy, but that would be far too imaginative for our board.

10 in a row and the chance to shut their noisy neighbours up and Lennon still couldn't get his players fired up enough to give the huns anything like a challenge. He's a dud.

Who would have won the league this year if McInnes had taken the Sevco job?

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    The 2nd placed trophies gave him way too much credit in the bank with the board . We’ve been poor for about 3 or 4 seasons now apart from that wee spell early this season .

Things are stale and have been for years , I’d change managers now and give the new gaffer the post split games to suss out who he wants to keep next season and who needs moved on.

We should’ve gone for Goodwin around Christmas time before he signed that extension but there are definitely other options.
    Callum Davidson has done well at St Johnstone but would he end up being an improvement on McInnes long term?

Someone posted on here recently we should be looking at keeping a manager for 2-3 years , I like that idea . 8 years is too long in the modern era , particularly if they’ve won nothing for 7 years!

I’d actually consider John Hughes for a season or two , aye he sounds a bit daft but he puts his teams out to play football and to win and he doesn’t bottle it against the weegie teams . Not everyone’s cup of tea but he just might be the type of appointment required after the turgid McInnes years , someone who’s willing to go toe to toe against teams , someone who will try and out score the opposition and with his attitude we just might win the Scottish cup .....we’re never ever winning it under the current manager.
    Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Not my choice personally but if we get rid of McInnes now it will probably be Lennon.

We are skint,it will cost us a fortune to sack McInnes and his back room staff plus Lennon will be free.

I would also have went for Goodwin but he will cost a fair amount now he has signed that new contract.
    We need to think outside the box,GTF with Lennon for a start,we all know why he shouldn't EVER manage us so thats a NO-GO.
    Goodwin is a no too,why not look outside Scottish football and show some ambition instead of the usual boring suspects?

Did I nae read a post here recently, where there was some discussion regardin the period o' time an individual had spent away from the hunnery, to be considered 'non-contageous'? .... Alex McLeish onybody?

Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter View Post
    We should try and get the Bodo/Glimt guy, but that would be far too imaginative for our board.
    100% this.

Can anyone begin to imagine another season with McWinless at the healm, jeezuz fkn wept that would be a disaster and a half, we had an OK start to this season and thank fk for that as if it were not for that start then right now we would be in a relegation scrap which one goal in 9 games deserves to be.
    we need to bring in the management team now and give Lennon the remainder of the season to figure out what he wants to do during the close season and for the start of next season.
    Will cost us some money to get rid of our resident hun but Lennon will be free, and can do a job for us, we will give him the gig for a two year contract maximum and then after 18 months be able to tell if he deserves an extension or not.
    Neil Lennon will be our next manager.

Watch this space

Quote Originally Posted by nice1simmy View Post
    We need to think outside the box,GTF with Lennon for a start,we all know why he shouldn't EVER manage us so thats a NO-GO.
    Goodwin is a no too,why not look outside Scottish football and show some ambition instead of the usual boring suspects?
    And this.

Page 606 of 625 FirstFirst ... 106506556596604605606607608616 ... LastLast