+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 613 of 625 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623 ... LastLast
Results 6,121 to 6,130 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Ach, there's only one logical choice for the job. Knows the club, the players and the city, currently out of work so won't cost a compensation fee, has one trophy to his name already and will have a point to prove.

Step forward....Derek McInnes.

Thank flock. Did a great job for four years and really improved us, but for me he should have been away after the 2017 cup final, as it just felt like a natural finishing point for both him and the team he had built.

As already mentioned, I think he will be all but finished in management and certainly don't see him managing at a higher level than us in the future.

I think the squad is a mess and our youth system is a bit of a shambles, so a new manager has his work cut out, but we are no worse off than most other clubs despite being rank for a few years now, which says more about the standard of the league than anything else.

Whoever gets the job, the club have to ensure that the relationship between the chairman and manager doesn't become too cosy, like it did between DM and Milne, which was a very costly relationship in the end. It would be nice to see Milne go as well now as there really should be no place for him at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    What I will say about Derek McInnes is that he was very gracious and decent with his comments on the club website.

If he wants his pay off in full, he can’t really say anything other than nice things about the club.

Dead chuffed to hear the news this morning. Cormack has done the right thing even if it has taken him some time to see it. Mine would never have done that and I think it is time he went as well. I am delighted to see the departure of the man in black.

When it says he’s left by mutual consent I assume that means he’s not getting the full payout he would’ve got had he been sacked - which would’ve been just over 1 years worth of pay (possibly round £1m).

I take it there’s been some agreement and he’s maybe walked away with half of that or something?

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    When it says he’s left by mutual consent I assume that means he’s not getting the full payout he would’ve got had he been sacked - which would’ve been just over 1 years worth of pay (possibly round £1m).

I take it there’s been some agreement and he’s maybe walked away with half of that or something?
    Aye DC that’s the way I’m seeing it . Had he been removed from his position it would’ve cost us the full amount to pay him off but there’s obviously been an agreement, Docherty would have been involved as well obviously, I think half of the amount would be a decent deal for both parties .

He had to go. Shame for us it is 3 years too late.

Quote Originally Posted by The Red Max View Post
    Ach, there's only one logical choice for the job. Knows the club, the players and the city, currently out of work so won't cost a compensation fee, has one trophy to his name already and will have a point to prove.

Step forward....Derek McInnes.
    Lol 😂

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    “The Dons have won just two of their last 10 matches, finding the back of the net just once in that run.”
    Fae the Sun .....I’m thick but how can you win two matches but only find the back of the net once?
    Agreed it's the Sun, always trying to find a negative about us. But as a thought piece I tried the question. How about an own goal? If it's an own goal then it could be argued we didn't find the net. Most likely just the Sun crayonist with a Shandy too many following his celebrations over the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    I’ll miss him
    Tell you something though I'll not miss seeing your posts bumping your gums abt micinnes since 2014! Even during the good times you wanted him gone.

Hopefully u wont hold any prejudices toward the new manager and you can actually get behind the manager from the very first game! As any supporter would do.

Page 613 of 625 FirstFirst ... 113513563603611612613614615623 ... LastLast