+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 622 of 625 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624 ... LastLast
Results 6,211 to 6,220 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by Donanddusted View Post
    One that initially gets into first gear then quickly jumps into reverse and no amount of persuasion can change it.
    With well serviced brakes

Quote Originally Posted by saloonscum View Post
    With well serviced brakes
    Apart from the handbrake which was firmly stuck on for the last 3-4 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by VapourTrail View Post
    Apart from the handbrake which was firmly stuck on for the last 3-4 seasons.
    Stuck in reverse more like .

Quote Originally Posted by Auldtoontoby View Post
    No he wasn't.
    Blew semi against farmers.
    Blew semi against pikeys .
    Blew chance to win league when Celtic were there for taking and league was weakest it had ever been .
    He could've and should've achieved more,but far too negative .
    Yup agreed, the st Johnstone semi was typical mcinnes. Though I remember a couple of glaring misses that day McGinn & rooney when we were 1 up

Quote Originally Posted by Shetland Don View Post
    Top of the range Volvo … safe option. He did well overall but the football became stale and boring. Latterly results were atrocious too. He kept having to re-build though. Glass will encounter the same challenges undoubtedly. Clubs need to nurture and then sell talented players to survive.
    Do he thou?

There was that one summer in 17/18 when we lost a few players at once but only one of those was sold so the rest were players out of contract so known that they were leaving, especially if we were working "2 windows in advance", every other season i'd say it was an expected turnover of players so all of that he was (should have been) able to plan for.
    Imo the only way you can say he was having to rebuild was his own doing by signing players then releasing them half way through their contacts.
    May's contact should have run out this summer ffs

If he had given more of our young guys a run and then award them with decent length contracts rather than sign bang average journeymen on short deals,then there would have been less "rebuilding" to do .
    Hopefully club has learned this lesson and Glass gives more young players a chance .

If he had given more of our young guys a run and then award them with decent length contracts rather than sign bang average journeymen on short deals,then there would have been less "rebuilding" to do .
    Hopefully club has learned this lesson and Glass gives more young players a chance .

Is there nae some dramatic background music to go with this quote?

Well said that man.

Quote Originally Posted by AiberdonianAce View Post
    Do he thou?

There was that one summer in 17/18 when we lost a few players at once but only one of those was sold so the rest were players out of contract so known that they were leaving, especially if we were working "2 windows in advance", every other season i'd say it was an expected turnover of players so all of that he was (should have been) able to plan for.
    Imo the only way you can say he was having to rebuild was his own doing by signing players then releasing them half way through their contacts.
    May's contact should have run out this summer ffs
    I've always thought that was another excuse as well.

We lost McGinn and Hayes at the same time but it was hardly a rebuild job every year. Didn't Shinnie, McLean, Jack, Cosgrove and McKenna all leave at different times?

No he wasn't.
    Blew semi against farmers.
    Blew semi against pikeys .
    Blew chance to win league when Celtic were there for taking and league was weakest it had ever been .
    He could've and should've achieved more,but far too negative .
    Squandered chances was McInnes's forte. When it came to the crunch he was not a winner. We almost blew it against ICT in the league cup final as well.

McInnes was never a winner and his teams reflected that. That ICT final was touch an go. He also allowed players such as Jack and Wright to run down their contracts and leave for nothing. They should have been asked with eigh**** months on their contract whether they were prepared to sign an extension an if not the club should have made it known they were for sale. Glass is an unknown quantity but him and Cormack are a massive improvement on McInnes and the man in black. I am much more optimistic at the start of a season than I have been for a long time. Even keen to get back to Pittodrie once rules are relaxed further. No sign of McInnes getting another gig. I wonder why?

Page 622 of 625 FirstFirst ... 122522572612620621622623624 ... LastLast