+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 572 of 625 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622 ... LastLast
Results 5,711 to 5,720 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    I think you are missing the point and focusing solely on what I said about Skovdhal.

I mentioned the likes of Patterson,Brown etc that also meant McGhee as well.

Whether you want to admit it or not none of us really made it known to Milne that what they all achieved at the club was no where near good enough,they all consistently finished in the bottom half of the table and got papped out of cups by lower league sides and there was always excuses made for them.

Then McInnes comes along,wins a cup and qualifies for Europe every season and Milne tries to fob him off as a success.

McInnes wouldn’t still be here if we didn’t put up with such dross for a quarter of a century.
    So that's why we are stuck with McInnes then and we should just accept it's all our fault? I don't really remember folk being that happy with McGhee and Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo1983 View Post
    So that's why we are stuck with McInnes then and we should just accept it's all our fault? I don't really remember folk being that happy with McGhee and Brown.
    No I didn’t say that,as usual you are trying to say it’s all the happy clappers fault he is still here.

I was just pointing out there is a bit more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    Skovdahl lost cup finals & qualified for Europe. The benchmark for any McInnes fan. What made it more enjoyable was the fact he did it all without signing rapists, becoming a Celtic feeder club or chatting up huns
    And the great quotes. Don't forget the great quotes ?!!

" Statistics sre like miniskirts". The operation was a success, but.......etc etc

No I didn’t say that,as usual you are trying to say it’s all the happy clappers fault he is still here.

I was just pointing out there is a bit more to it than that.
    You are trying to blame me ffs

I'm well aware it's not just the happy clappers but it fuels it. Soon as you mention him getting papped out someone disagrees and all of sudden they are the measured one and we are just pant pishers.

He's had his chance, he's come up far too short. Should have been sacked years ago. All for reasons that's nothing to do with Goodwillie or talking to the Huns.

You are trying to blame me ffs

I'm well aware it's not just the happy clappers but it fuels it. Soon as you mention him getting papped out someone disagrees and all of sudden they are the measured one and we are just pant pishers.

He's had his chance, he's come up far too short. Should have been sacked years ago. All for reasons that's nothing to do with Goodwillie or talking to the Huns.
    Not you especially I said we were all to blame and not just the happy clappers.

We have become a club who win a trophy every 20 years,that should never have been accepted by any of us but we seem to have sleep walked into this situation.

Personally I think we should be a club who sees winning trophies as being successful but the way Cormack was going on the other day he thinks qualifying for Europe is a success which was disappointing to hear.

He wants us to try to finish 2nd so we get a champions league place.

I would rather win the Scottish cup.

We have become a club who win a trophy every 20 years,that should never have been accepted by any of us but we seem to have sleep walked into this situation.

Personally I think we should be a club who sees winning trophies as being successful but the way Cormack was going on the other day he thinks qualifying for Europe is a success which was disappointing to hear.

Under Derek McInnes we have absolutely no chance of finishing above a poor Celtic. I don’t think we need to concern ourselves with the champions league. The reality is, I don’t think we should really concern ourselves with the Scottish cup either. No point kidding ourselves on at this point.

I tend to agree with Rico, and I think I'm as guilty as anyone. That period from the mid-90s on was truly horrible. Although I'm not sure it's fair to say we did nothing about it - I'm sure we helped get a fair few managers sacked. It's just that when they were sacked, Milne could be relied upon to choose another dud to replace them.

All of which meant that by the time Pa Broon came along, our expectations were close to 0. So when McInnes followed, won something, signed some talent, sounded reasonable by comparison in front of the media, etc. and started to get us competing at the top end of the table, and regularly playing in Europe (yes, I know, I know) it did feel like we'd taken a step up. In fact, let's be honest, we did take a step up. It was from a low base, but that low base had endured for a miserably long time. So it was progress and there was a wee bit of hope.

The problem was then that the hope he kindled has never really blossomed into anything. I want us to win the league, I want the players to believe we can win the league and although I don't think that's likely without significant financial investment, that should be the aim.

But the thing that's really done for him in my view, is our failure to perform well in Cup Finals and Semis. Yes we won one, but it was a miserable match and we scraped through. It's the lack of real belief when we come up against the gruesome twosome and the general negative tactics in big matches that's holding us back. For those games, I'd much rather we could go back to Jimmy Calderwood. At least we'd get stuck in.

So I think it is now time for a change. And I don't believe that Cormack would make a dire appointment like Milne would have done. Obviously there's an element of risk with any change of manager, but once we've got crowds back in and an income stream, the time has come.

When Cormack spoke pish at the AGM about how, under McInnes, we've climbed from 289th to 140th in the Uefa rankings, it was very disingenuous.

Firstly, we should've never been as low as 289th. Around us were Latvian, Lithuanian, Finnish teams and the like.

Secondly, Wllie and Elaine Donald wiped out the 14.5 million debt allowing any new incumbent to the job conditions that weren't experienced by his immediate predecessors.

Therefore, given the circumstances, Mike Bassett could've guided us 150 places up the rankings. But Delboy's inability to learn from defeats means that we're finding it impossible to climb any higher.

Cormack is trying to impress investors at the AGM but he also knows that what he's saying is being soaked up by the majority of Dons supporters who think the club can do no wrong.

I'm afraid that I've heard enough from Cormack to think that he'll be just another also-ran in the Milne mould.

The league points thing is a lame deflection technique™️

The league points thing is a lame deflection technique™️
    What league points thing?

Page 572 of 625 FirstFirst ... 72472522562570571572573574582622 ... LastLast