+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 558 of 625 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608 ... LastLast
Results 5,571 to 5,580 of 6249

Thread: Derek McInnes

What sort of team will we get today? The usual defensive formation trying to sneak a goal and then hang on like grim death. McIness takes caution to a new level which is why we have won nothing since 2014 in our penalty win over Caley Thistle. Since then in finals and semi finals he has often changed a winning team, changed tactics and put them out scared of the opposition which has resulted in numerous loses. I am afraid it is the nature of the beast. In Europe we have failed to get to the play off round in 6 out of the last 7 attempts ( or is it now 7 out of 8? ). Against Sporting he did it again. With their covid problems and it being their first game of the season it was there for the taking. What does he do, leaves Wright out and plays another defensive midfielder. This playbook does not work with our defensive frailties as the chance of a clean sheet was never on the cards He only brings wee Scottie on with 20 minutes left in a hopeless cause to save the game. He will never learn and we will not qualify for Europe or win anything with him around. We need a change from him and he needs a new challenge but on the money he is on he is never going to leave. It will come a time when Cormack gets fed up of his negative ways and bins both of them hopefully sooner rather than later.

The media love him and their condescending view of our club praises 'brave' performances, such as our inspid defeat to Lisbon. It's regularly trotted out that it would be madness to sack McInnes after all he's done for club. In their eyes. That must influence the likes of Cormack.

Quote Originally Posted by donsviking View Post
    What sort of team will we get today? The usual defensive formation trying to sneak a goal and then hang on like grim death. McIness takes caution to a new level which is why we have won nothing since 2014 in our penalty win over Caley Thistle. Since then in finals and semi finals he has often changed a winning team, changed tactics and put them out scared of the opposition which has resulted in numerous loses. I am afraid it is the nature of the beast. In Europe we have failed to get to the play off round in 6 out of the last 7 attempts ( or is it now 7 out of 8? ). Against Sporting he did it again. With their covid problems and it being their first game of the season it was there for the taking. What does he do, leaves Wright out and plays another defensive midfielder. This playbook does not work with our defensive frailties as the chance of a clean sheet was never on the cards He only brings wee Scottie on with 20 minutes left in a hopeless cause to save the game. He will never learn and we will not qualify for Europe or win anything with him around. We need a change from him and he needs a new challenge but on the money he is on he is never going to leave. It will come a time when Cormack gets fed up of his negative ways and bins both of them hopefully sooner rather than later.
    While I agree with a lot of your post - you’d have to agree that was not a defensive formation yesterday Viking min.

A great attacking display & a lot of lovely fitba played. I genuinely enjoyed watching that & if we’re all honest, that’s exactly what we all want to see from AFC.

I’ve been as critical of McInnes & his over cautious approach as the next man - as demonstrated on Thursday yet again - but he’s nae going anywhere for this season at least given the club’s financial position.

So if he is going to be here, let’s encourage him to keep the team set up & playing like yesterday.

Aye, in ALL games. I expect the set up to be the same against the buds and joooot next couple of games. We’ve then got Timothy coming up at home after that so let’s see if the leopard can change his spots for that one.

I have my doubts, but you never know..

Good result and performance yesterday but there’s no point in getting all excited when we do that against “weaker” opposition then revert back to type against stronger sides in bigger games . We’ve had too many years of that and Thursday night proved that the leopard is incapable of changing his spots .

Quote Originally Posted by pieandbovrilman View Post
    Good result and performance yesterday but there’s no point in getting all excited when we do that against “weaker” opposition then revert back to type against stronger sides in bigger games . We’ve had too many years of that and Thursday night proved that the leopard is incapable of changing his spots .
    Spot on. McInnes will not change

Quote Originally Posted by RED_JOHN View Post
    Spot on. McInnes will not change
    We’ve seen this too often , strings a good run together and abody gets excited then he bottles it as soon as he’s up against a good side or a big name . 3rd or 4th in the league and a cup semi ( possibly a final defeat) is as good as it will get with those tactics of reverting to type as soon as we face quality opposition.

I see that a Faroes team called Klaskvik could qualify for the Europa group stages if they beat Dundalk which is quite possible. They come from a town of 5,000 and are all part time with a budget of £1 million. The team are largely from Klaskvik and have grown up together. More than half the team are part time and recently beat Dinamo Tiblisi 6-1. B36 Torshavn also reached the third round of the Europa League before losing to CSKA Sofia so the Faroes are punching well above their weight. It makes our limp loss to Sporting all the more galling. Mabye McInnes should go up there to see how it is done. With our resources we should have qualified for the group stages long ago but under current management it is never going to happen.

You could just as easy ask how the fuuck can Dundalk, fae the Irish League, be on the brink of qualifying too given the Irish league is basically pub league standard too.

So we can’t get to the play off round, yet you have a team from Ireland and a team from the Faroes playing each other at that stage with one guaranteed to get through to the groups - how the fuuck does that work - especially with the way the draw is rigged?

I know you talk about resources, & yes, certainly in comparison with these two teams we should be doing much better on that score - but a more significant factor in my view is the complete inability of AFC & Scottish football in general to produce football players with the technical ability and game intelligence to progress in these tournaments.

No idea how we change that, but the quality of our players is a long way short of what gets produced in many other countries...

It’s almost as if Craig Brown wrote the coaching manual.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Moog View Post

So we can’t get to the play off round, yet you have a team from Ireland and a team from the Faroes playing each other at that stage with one guaranteed to get through to the groups - how the fuuck does that work - especially with the way the draw is rigged?
    It’s because UEFA rig the competitions that you have this scenario. Both teams started in the Champions League and lost their first match and then end up playing all other CL loser diddy teams never having to play the likes of Sporting or Galatasary.

Dundalk lost their first round CL tie then beat a team from Andorra and Moldova to get to this stage.

KI got awarded their first round CL tie due to Covid then lost their second round tie. They then beat a team from Georgia to get to this stage.

None of the above takes away from our usual limp third round exit but these competitions are so rigged in favour of big countries and CL drop outs it’s laughable. Next season it will be even worse as CL losers like these teams will get two doggy lives instead of one due to the new European competition.

As I always say F’ck UEFA and all who sail in her.

Page 558 of 625 FirstFirst ... 58458508548556557558559560568608 ... LastLast