+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Game off tonight

Yeah it's beltin doon in burgh! No way could a game be played, if anything it'd have suited the Motherwell cloggers.

The game will likely have to be on 3/4 or 10/11 April.

Motherwell in contention for top six, so will have to be settled before the split.

Make it 10/11 April and then we can have a double header with them including the cup semi.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Looking at the weather forecast for the rest of the week I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets called off on Saturday as well.

This is the problem with having a winter break in Scotland, we had a mild January yet no games were played for 3 weeks which means you could have a fixture pile up towards the end of the season.

Im sure thats what happened the last time it got binned.
    Sensible option for a Northern European country is summer football.
    Sitting freezing your nads off in Dec-
    Feb isn’t much fun

Saturday's game should be ok, there's only about an inch of snow and it never snows for more than about 5 minutes. This beast from the east thing has been hugely over hyped.

Could play the game 24th if none of us have players on International duty?

Quote Originally Posted by GASC1980 View Post
    If the game doesn't go ahead on Saturday I'm out of pocket by £100 as I've two twin rooms booked in Aberdeen as we were staying up and they are non refundable.
    Should have used booking.com and got the refundable option.

I did use booking.com. It was a late booking hence it being non refundable as is quite often the case when booking late and getting such a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by InversneckieDob View Post
    Nae the worst news IMHO. A bad result the night wouldnae have us in the right nic for Saturday
    I agree. Another defeat tonight would be difficult for our team to handle.
    We have struggled against Motherwell this season unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by rico94 View Post
    Looking at the weather forecast for the rest of the week I wouldn't be surprised if the game gets called off on Saturday as well.

This is the problem with having a winter break in Scotland, we had a mild January yet no games were played for 3 weeks which means you could have a fixture pile up towards the end of the season.

Im sure thats what happened the last time it got binned.
    I've never really bought this as a reason not to have a winter break. A winter break is supposed to be about trading games in winter for games at other times in the year so it should actually reduce the chances of a fixture pileup. I would guess most of the games we lost in January have been reallocated to October/November/December where we had four midweek league games, so playing those games in January would just have made it more likely they'd have been called off and potentially left us in a worse position.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast