+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Billy!

Billy!

Sheffield United have won 62% of Championship games (13 of 21) when Billy Sharp has started this season, compared to 31% when he hasn't (4 of 13).

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Sheffield United have won 62% of Championship games (13 of 21) when Billy Sharp has started this season, compared to 31% when he hasn't (4 of 13).
    interesting stat that Gray

Start him remaining 12 games then and guaranteed a play off spot

Very good stat that Gray. Which were the 4 we won without him starting? Was Sunderland away one of them?

Bouncing day was one of em

Quote Originally Posted by silentjourneyhome View Post
    Very good stat that Gray. Which were the 4 we won without him starting? Was Sunderland away one of them?
    Piggy’s and Norwich away and Wolves and Sunderland at home silent.

Is Billy a Sheffield United legend?

He is in my eyes for what he has done since rejoining us,20 goals that saved us from relegation,30 goals Captain!Leader in the Centurions season,13 this season in the Championship

God bless you Billy Sharp

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Is Billy a Sheffield United legend?

He is in my eyes for what he has done since rejoining us,20 goals that saved us from relegation,30 goals Captain!Leader in the Centurions season,13 this season in the Championship

God bless you Billy Sharp
    I think so. He's redeemed himself from the awful period he was here 2007-10 when being offside or throwing himself to the floor looked like all he could manage. CW's managed to use him properly this time and the results are there to see (51games/8goals vs. 114games/63goals). He's also shown undoubted leadership qualities, and matched the gaffer pint for pint on Peroni, so yes.

Just thinking about it, matching Wilder pint for pint is enough to be a legend anyway.

The amount of Championship clubs fans we've played this season that say "I wish we had a striker like Billy Sharp" and then mention "That little ginger kid in midfield"
    It's a shame that both of them aren't about eight years younger and could play week in week out

He might be a legend for some but even last season he was the first person on a few fan’s hit list if things went wrong.I’ve never understood it.

As for his first spell he was just a kid. I think he tried too hard and often the hamstring issue held him back. Billy was a pretty fast player when he first hit the scene, I think he had to learn to play slightly within himself but in some ways thst helped his overall game when he left.

As for his second spell, I’ll put that down to the managerial incompetence of Robson, he destroyed the kid the way he handled him. Even Adkins could get the best out of Billy but that bloke had no idea. A typical example of an outstanding footballer who couldn’t comprehend as a manager that 99% of players were not at good in the mental aspects of the game as he was.

After last season’s efforts alone as captain and 30 goal top scorer, Billy will always be up there for me, and I couldn’t be more pleased that he has the strength of character to constantly stick one up to those fans who frankly didn’t want him back and still tend to single him out at every opportunity...although I accept he’s has some mares and is not above criticism at times.

Piggy’s and Norwich away and Wolves and Sunderland at home silent.
    Thanks Gray.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast