+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: O/T Charities

What a horrible world we live in. It's awful to think about but charity work is a great cover for getting away with crimes and there's nowhere near enough people in the right places who care to ever sort it out. Then there's people who become politicians to cover their crimes. And police...

Things like this have been going on for years (imo) like I always said but people turn a blind eye and they should be punished aswell.

Btw prostate cancer will be collecting at our game before seasons out, think it might be the Posh game

Quote Originally Posted by millertop View Post
    Things like this have been going on for years (imo) like I always said but people turn a blind eye and they should be punished aswell.

Btw prostate cancer will be collecting at our game before seasons out, think it might be the Posh game
    Didn't Corner collect for them and other MM members?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Didn't Corner collect for them and other MM members?
    Yes, think she still does

Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
    sorry Pudsey time to go.

When a charity has to employ people on £100k plus a year salaries then surely it ceases to be a charity and is more of a social enterprise. How much fund raising has to be done just to pay the CEO’s salary?

UN is the same.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7956816.html

Better giving money to local charities I think.

The likes of Oxfam and Amnesty became left-wing pressure groups years ago anyway rather than charities.

Will be very careful what I say. In the late 90s and early 2000 I worked in West Africa as an aid worker. Did this happen with my organisation? definitely not. Did most organizations have an issue? No. Did it happen? Without a doubt. Proving it was hard but I have no doubts some people (mainly white middle aged men) took advantage of economically vulnerable people.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    UN is the same.

http://www.independent.co.uk/voices/...-a7956816.html

Better giving money to local charities I think.

The likes of Oxfam and Amnesty became left-wing pressure groups years ago anyway rather than charities.
    Give it a rest GF, some of the work done abroad in countries that have unimaginable suffering is superb.

Quote Originally Posted by royston1962 View Post
    Biggest corrupt one is children in need, BBC have had money in the bank making a load in interest hardly any of the money has been given where it is needed.
    sorry Pudsey time to go.
    I was shocked when I heard that none of last years (2016) money had been spent. There are reports in most of the daily papers saying that they have a portfolio of over £90m

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast