+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Middlesbrough - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Heck might be going on that holiday with his kids sonnet than he expects ��

Very disappointing. Too many players off the mark.

The big elephant in Hecky's dressing room is Felix Wiedwald. Any team would struggle with Felix between the sticks and its' affecting the back four more and more as each game arrives. I've no idea what Hecky thinks. He's stuck with him now and our season is over. A win last night might have given us a glimmer of play off hopes but we were way off even competing.

It's like they are playing as individuals and have no concept of playing as a team. Unaware of players around them and not playing the obvious ball. Even Saiz thought he could run through the entire Boro defence on his own. He tried many times to do this but found he had lost the ball. Is he trying too hard because the other players aren't up to speed? I dunno. Phillips and O'Kane were appalling and never got a tackle in let alone a pass. They didn't seem bothered when they'd lost the ball. We never won the second ball. That's not the aggression Hecky promised us.

Forshaw should have started imo. Vieira did nowt when he came on - what's up with him, really gone off it?

Hecky won't have underestimated the job in hand but he is rather tied to what he's got until the close season. Hopefully he can start with a goalie or two and work from that.

What a whimpering way to kill our season.

Hat's off to those who traveled to see that ...............

Think this game shows that we have lots of work to do. Boro have invested heavily for a number of years, as have Derby, Villa, Wolves etc.
    We don't have the financial clout to blow the division away, so there will be quite a few backwards steps to deal with as we go onwards and upwards.
    The last time we spent our way out of this division, we scraped it on the final day of the season. There's no easy way.

The quantity not quality philosophy has come home to roost this season. Felix has been a major disappointment, a good shot stopper ( apart from the second goal last night ) but unwilling or unable to command his six yard box which in turn has the knock on effect of the rest of the defence having the jitters. Sacko, what was the point of this signing, he's been used as a late sub impact player but as yet has shown nothing. Cibicki , Lord Lucan has been seen more than this player. Then there's the Poish midfield player who's name escapes me and is now out on loan. Add to that a Japanese player who was shipped straight out on loan and a boatload of young foreign players who are not good enough for the first team and end up in the so called development squad. Saiz has been the outstanding recruit but as we all know has temperament issues and could have walked last night but for the ref. I like Alioski, he has his critics and he is nowhere near the finished article but his season in this league will make him a better player next season. Ekuban has shown glimpses of promise but needs to keep fit. DeBock could be a good acquisition but I think he has struggled with the pace of the Championship. Lassogga, apart from last night, has improved recently but I don't see him being here next season. Finally Forshaw who I think could be a really good player for us going into next season, can't believe O'Kane got the nod ahead of him last night. Where The new owner takes us from here is anyone's guess, look at teams that are doing well this season and they are made up of teams with proven championship experience like Derby and Villa or have splashed the cash as in the case of Wolves, they are the blueprints for success in a tough and competitive league like the championship. This season is all but washed up now so let's hope that the Orta mantra and method is ditched and we adopt, and adapt to a system that give us at least a chance next season MOT

Quote Originally Posted by mick64 View Post
    The quantity not quality philosophy has come home to roost this season. Felix has been a major disappointment, a good shot stopper ( apart from the second goal last night ) but unwilling or unable to command his six yard box which in turn has the knock on effect of the rest of the defence having the jitters. Sacko, what was the point of this signing, he's been used as a late sub impact player but as yet has shown nothing. Cibicki , Lord Lucan has been seen more than this player. Then there's the Poish midfield player who's name escapes me and is now out on loan. Add to that a Japanese player who was shipped straight out on loan and a boatload of young foreign players who are not good enough for the first team and end up in the so called development squad. Saiz has been the outstanding recruit but as we all know has temperament issues and could have walked last night but for the ref. I like Alioski, he has his critics and he is nowhere near the finished article but his season in this league will make him a better player next season. Ekuban has shown glimpses of promise but needs to keep fit. DeBock could be a good acquisition but I think he has struggled with the pace of the Championship. Lassogga, apart from last night, has improved recently but I don't see him being here next season. Finally Forshaw who I think could be a really good player for us going into next season, can't believe O'Kane got the nod ahead of him last night. Where The new owner takes us from here is anyone's guess, look at teams that are doing well this season and they are made up of teams with proven championship experience like Derby and Villa or have splashed the cash as in the case of Wolves, they are the blueprints for success in a tough and competitive league like the championship. This season is all but washed up now so let's hope that the Orta mantra and method is ditched and we adopt, and adapt to a system that give us at least a chance next season MOT
    100% agree, but I have little confidence in any change at the top which is an absolute pre-requisite for any improvement on the pitch.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)