+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Its surprising how people vote

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Well apparently the US Federal Government still spends more per person on health provision than we do despite americans also having health care insurance so in affect americans are paying twice through health care insurance premiums and taxation .

I'm guessing Obamacare is possibly one of the factors .

Seem to remember reading this last year , pretty sure someone will correct me if I'm mistaken of course .

To whom do you allude I wonder?

The NHS needs some reforming and modernising .

It’s procurement needs to be totally overhauled and I’m sure they could save millions. I’d also abolish any treatments that aren’t medically necessary . Stop all the health tourists taking advantage. It needs to be just for the basics and do the basics well.

I agree with Yorkshireborn, you could tip an endless amount of money in and it would barely touch the sides never mind pay for pay rises for the staff .

Sort out the purchasing , strip it back to what it was designed to do .

Cut the foreign aid budget , that’s about £15b and what we pay into the EU which is about £9b net and put a large chunk of that £24b into it but only when it’s been reformed .

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    The NHS needs some reforming and modernising .

It’s procurement needs to be totally overhauled and I’m sure they could save millions. I’d also abolish any treatments that aren’t medically necessary . Stop all the health tourists taking advantage. It needs to be just for the basics and do the basics well.

I agree with Yorkshireborn, you could tip an endless amount of money in and it would barely touch the sides never mind pay for pay rises for the staff .

Sort out the purchasing , strip it back to what it was designed to do .

Cut the foreign aid budget , that’s about £15b and what we pay into the EU which is about £9b net and put a large chunk of that £24b into it but only when it’s been reformed .
    You'd think that a service as large as the NHS would have some real clout in procurement .

Clearly something is not right with their procurement policies .

I still have to wonder why it's possible to obtain free paracetamol on prescription when the cost in the shops is pretty insignificant .

Can't argue with much of what you say ESR and I'll defend the NHS all I can .

No doubt there will be some who will champion the privatisation = efficiency model and i suspect it's likely to be a factor with a reluctance to change things positively , sit back and let it burn may sit very well with the present government .

A fair bit of the NHS sectors are already privatised and this continues at an alarming rate
    and yet we still see it move from one crisis to another .

You have to question the will here from the government to make it successful , admittedly it's a long game , privatisation of the NHS started under Thatcher but the potential profits are so vast it's clearly an end result worth waiting for in their eyes .

Just an example of my comments in the previous post .

Bit by bit we are seeing the NHS getting handed over to the private sector .

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...bsidiary-firms

The NHS will be the master of it's own downfall. It pays good money to people straight out of university with no experience of doing a role and let's them make the decisions and hire even more managers to do the donkey work they don't do. When they have to start justifying what they do they feel under pressure and move on.

Very little worth while recruitment at shop floor level.

Whilst the rich and powerful can pay for and use private health care and private education there is no incentive for them to improve either the NHS or state funded education.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You'd think that a service as large as the NHS would have some real clout in procurement .

Clearly something is not right with their procurement policies .

I still have to wonder why it's possible to obtain free paracetamol on prescription when the cost in the shops is pretty insignificant .

Can't argue with much of what you say ESR and I'll defend the NHS all I can .

No doubt there will be some who will champion the privatisation = efficiency model and i suspect it's likely to be a factor with a reluctance to change things positively , sit back and let it burn may sit very well with the present government .

A fair bit of the NHS sectors are already privatised and this continues at an alarming rate
    and yet we still see it move from one crisis to another .

You have to question the will here from the government to make it successful , admittedly it's a long game , privatisation of the NHS started under Thatcher but the potential profits are so vast it's clearly an end result worth waiting for in their eyes .
    I’d also say it needs a cross party body setting up to oversee it long term. Remove all the political point scoring from it .

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    The NHS will be the master of it's own downfall. It pays good money to people straight out of university with no experience of doing a role and let's them make the decisions and hire even more managers to do the donkey work they don't do. When they have to start justifying what they do they feel under pressure and move on.

Very little worth while recruitment at shop floor level.
    I'm very interested to hear from posters or have relatives and friends who work within the NHS .

Your comments good , bad or indifferent would be greatly appreciated .

Feel free to PM me if you don't want it placed on here and I'll fill in the detail .

Thanks .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 06-03-2018 at 12:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    I’d also say it needs a cross party body setting up to oversee it long term. Remove all the political point scoring from it .
    That was rejected by Labour ESR although the idea does have support within the party .

Personally I think Labour are wrong to reject the proposal , anytime the opposition can get a seat at the table with an ideological government then it should grab the opportunity .

Pretty poor from Labour in my opinion .

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Whilst the rich and powerful can pay for and use private health care and private education there is no incentive for them to improve either the NHS or state funded education.
    I sincerely hope your not bringing class into this debate SB .

As if .

:-) :-) :-)

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast