+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The Wolves

Quote Originally Posted by 9goals2hattricks3pen View Post
    The goal we had disallowed to bring i back to 3-4 against you lot is still raw with me 20 odd years later. And don't get me started on QPR's winner at Wembley when our goalie was lying on the floor after being kicked in the head. Grrrrr!

History eh. It's just one thing after another.
    Not forgetting our 3rd goal ruled out because the ref was a bit concussed, the linesman should have been able to call goal, still bloody rankles with me

One or two may remember my comments a couple a season ago when I predicted we would plunge out of this division and be passed by a young,vibrant Wolves side playing the sort of exciting football we played under Mowbray.

Oh how some people mocked.

Not mocking now are ya!?

Sadly!

I also predict they will be the “best of the rest” in the Prem next season and will finish around 8th but maybe be even higher than that at times next season and a lot of the top teams will suffer defeats against them.

This side can play.

You can always tell when a side is class,the fans have a quiet calm about them and don’t feel the need to shout about it and the opposition fans keep their heads down and their mouths shut.

If the cap fits....... :-))

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    One or two may remember my comments a couple a season ago when I predicted we would plunge out of this division and be passed by a young,vibrant Wolves side playing the sort of exciting football we played under Mowbray.

Not mocking now are ya!?

Sadly!

I also predict they will be the “best of the rest” in the Prem next season and will finish around 8th but maybe be even higher than that at times next season and a lot of the top teams will suffer defeats against them.

This side can play.

You can always tell when a side is class,the fans have a quiet calm about them and don’t feel the need to shout about it and the opposition fans keep their heads down and their mouths shut.

Funny but all I hear on the WM phone in are the wilfs mostly giving it large,little grace just gobbing it,I suppose though its par for the coarse and we ourselves have been guilty of it since we have been finishing the west MIDs top dogs. They may well get a shock next season playing the prem sides so powder dry for now

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Not mocking now are ya!?

Sadly!

This side can play.

I remember your comments about Wolves but I think it may have been a little earlier, I'm sure Jackett was in charge at the time but hey, so what.

We may go up this season but i cannot agree with your top 8 standings for next season?

Quote Originally Posted by WBA53 View Post
    Funny but all I hear on the WM phone in are the wilfs mostly giving it large,little grace just gobbing it,I suppose though its par for the coarse and we ourselves have been guilty of it since we have been finishing the west MIDs top dogs. They may well get a shock next season playing the prem sides so powder dry for now
    Let's be honest..

This would be the first time you kept it dry.

Funny thing about Albion and Wolves, we both have good and bad periods but we never have good periods at the same time. I don't think we have both been good since the 50's.
    When one club is in decline the other is in the ascendency as now.
    I can't knock Wolves this season, footballing your way out of that division can only be admired, even though it rankles.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggieBlood View Post
    Eve, can you also put a picture of the collection buckets and the your ground's tenancy agreement which followed after money you didn't have was spent to win those cups.
    Priceless banter.......😂😂😂

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    Funny thing about Albion and Wolves, we both have good and bad periods but we never have good periods at the same time. I don't think we have both been good since the 50's.
    When one club is in decline the other is in the ascendency as now.
    I can't knock Wolves this season, footballing your way out of that division can only be admired, even though it rankles.
    We have however had bad periods at the same time. Albion's haven't been as bad or as long. Let's hope we can continue to say that in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Albionic68 View Post
    First United and now Wolves.

I'm all for spreading the Gospel of Saint Stripes, but have you actually got any Albion mates Boingy ?
    Only mates Boingy has are in his wallet...saves getting his socks and handkerchief all sticky....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)