+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: We’re not good enough for the premiership

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    It's not logical not to want to get to the top. It's why you compete.

Plenty on this thread have pointed out why you havw to take the opportunity when it's there.

If you 'wait' until you're ready then there's no guarantees.

Just ask those at S6, play off final, play offs in the last 2 yearrs, looking more like getting out of the Champ via the trapdoor this year and they LOOKED much more 'ready' than us.
    TT, all I'm saying is we need time to build IMO. I'm an OAP and still say we have time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chips1889 View Post
    TT, all I'm saying is we need time to build IMO. I'm an OAP and still say we have time.
    So am I Chips, that's why I want it as soon as possible because, a bit like I said above, we don't know what's around the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    So am I Chips, that's why I want it as soon as possible because, a bit like I said above, we don't know what's around the corner.
    I know what you mean but I don't look forward to losing most weeks and the snowflakes amongst us giving the team and management the bird. I'd enjoy the brief moment of the success but dread what would follow (it's my personal nightmare). When we do go up I want us to do it like Wolves and already have half a good team for the prem rather than needing major surgery.

I accept if it comes we have to embrace it, ready or not.

I know what you mean but I don't look forward to losing most weeks and the snowflakes amongst us giving the team and management the bird. I'd enjoy the brief moment of the success but dread what would follow (it's my personal nightmare). When we do go up I want us to do it like Wolves and already have half a good team for the prem rather than needing major surgery.

We need to get back to the prem ASAP,or we will/could lose the best manager we've had for a very long time.I've said for months that i think we'll not mek the play offs but i certainly think we've still got a chance and once there who knows? UTCB

Since our last foray into the Pl the approach of the promoted teams seems to have changed somewhat and I feel most are now much better organised and prepared to give it a bit of a go rather than praying and (playing) for a bore draw which rarely works.

Once you're there the money is so far removed from what even the Champ's top clubs spend ( and only then when they are backed like Wolves or dare I say the pigs?) that, with sensible management , a club should be able to make it work even though there might be a bit of yo -yoing like Burnley.

The ambition of CW is admirable but the thought that we could lose him if we don't get there is valid but, to get to the PL, I think he would have to do it by getting a club out of the Champ because, no matter how well he does, it would be a real change of direction for any current PL club to employ a manager directly from the Champ.

Should say Cardiff, Villa or Fulham not get there this year, can anyone see either

- Any of those looking to employ him

-CW being tempted by them as opposed to his boyhood club?.

That's the real danger to our ambitions.
    -

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    of course it does tt chris knows it as well but until more investment comes in we havent a chance really i wonder if we might have to look to europe ???

In the absence of a super rich benefactor taking over the club, getting to the Premier League is the only investment we're going to get.

Getting to the Premier League is investment in itself, why so many of our fans are willing to let certain situations slip by because they think we're not ready is baffling beyond belief.

This team has shown mid to lower league table form since the end of November, next season in the Championship there will not be any improvement and we might have a completely different season altogether to this one. The only way to improve is to get promoted.

Celtic and Rangers aren't ready to play in the English Premier League, but if they got the chance they would be absolutely unstoppable.
    Last edited by JJBlade; 10-03-2018 at 02:16 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234