+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Time to put up or shut up.

Didn't a guy called ridsdale pump millions into this club years ago, and whilst we all " lived the dream", we're now living the nightmare, it would be a massive gamble to put 50 million or so into the club hoping we could make the premier in one season, i agree the crap orta has brought in is exactly that, a better way is to spend 15/20 million on 4 quality players, surely!

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    Didn't a guy called ridsdale pump millions into this club years ago, and whilst we all " lived the dream", we're now living the nightmare, it would be a massive gamble to put 50 million or so into the club hoping we could make the premier in one season, i agree the crap orta has brought in is exactly that, a better way is to spend 15/20 million on 4 quality players, surely!
    last season fella, we were only needing four or five players and you may have got away with spending with 15 -20 million .

the problem is now we are needing virtually a new team , and 15-20 million will be nowhere near enough , especially if as expected saiz and jansson are moved on for big money as well .

I agree, last season we needed to keep what we had and add a few more quality, let's hope saiz and Janssen don't go then because we have nowhere near what's required money wise to be serious contenders, with parachute payments to relegated teams we will never compete on a level playing field......there's no easy way.....either go for broke or end up broke.

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    I agree, last season we needed to keep what we had and add a few more quality, let's hope saiz and Janssen don't go then because we have nowhere near what's required money wise to be serious contenders, with parachute payments to relegated teams we will never compete on a level playing field......there's no easy way.....either go for broke or end up broke.
    exactly fella , next season will be the defining season for radrizaanii and especially orta , because the fans wont put up with another four of five years of what we have witnessed this season thats for sure , rumours are already circling that radrizaani may even be tempted to sell up in the summer if the right offer comes along , the guy is in way over his head, and he is simply not prepared to spend what is needed on the playing side of things .

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    A way of "keeping Ideguchi "active"", really?

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/928267182?-11130:816

Actively seeking a warm spot on the bench, or not even that!

When criticised - consider the source my Dad used to tell me !
    Q.Where are YOUR exact constructive opinions on matters ?
    A.Sack Orta and sell club to a Billionaire.

Critical people generally know how to spot problems in my experience - but they do not know how to resolve them constructively .......................... If we are bold enough to point out problems, we must be brave enough to try to solve 'em,IMO - WTF11

As said previously - Write down constructively how and what you'd do,how you'd do it staff wise and team wise and budget wise,within last filed accounts and FFP .......
    Balance that by your plan to increase commercial revenue ............?

Simples,for a man of your experience.

ALAW - MOT

* Waits *

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post

When criticised - consider the source my Dad used to tell me !
    Q.Where are YOUR exact constructive opinions on matters ?
    A.Sack Orta and sell club to a Billionaire.

Critical people generally know how to spot problems in my experience - but they do not know how to resolve them constructively .......................... If we are bold enough to point out problems, we must be brave enough to try to solve 'em,IMO - WTF11

As said previously - Write down constructively how and what you'd do,how you'd do it staff wise and team wise and budget wise,within last filed accounts and FFP .......
    Balance that by your plan to increase commercial revenue ............?

Simples,for a man of your experience.

ALAW - MOT
    Ok, you asked for it.......

Sometimes your pontificating and superciliousness knows no bounds…..

“Critical people…..etc etc b0ll0x b0ll0x, blah blah……”

People capable of critical thought are also much more capable than those who simply accept the status quo of finding solutions to the problems they identify (Get a look at ITIL and the handling of Problem Management it recommends, and the kind of skills and qualities teams made up to address Issue and Problem management are expected to have)

I have pointed out problems with the club, and their source. Issues of poor performance of the 1st team stem from two key causes/problems;

1. The role of DoF being occupied by an individual who is patently incapable of both managing a budget and securing suitably skilled players able to be formed into a competitive squad/team
    2. The head coach & coaching staff introduced immediately following the appointment of Orta as DoF, who have/had little or no experience in professional football at any level, and who are (or were) as patently unfit to perform such duties as the person who appointed them is of performing his

To address these problems, the following actions are required (I have stated these before, but just so its easy for you I’ll repeat them here);

1. Dismiss the Director of Football, and do not appoint a replacement
    2. Appoint the current Head Coach as 1st team Manager
    3. Devolve responsibilities previously allocated to the DoF role to the 1st team Manager
    4. Dismiss coaching staff appointed by the DoF
    5. Review the remaining coaching staff complement and appoint suitably qualified coaching staff, selected and recommended by the 1st team Manager to ensure a full and competent staffing level
    6. Terminate the “arrangement” currently in place between Leeds United and Cultural Leonora
    7. Any players currently on loan to Cultural Leonora should be incorporated into the Leeds United development squads (which team would be based on their age and current state of development)
    8. At seasons end the 1st team squad to be reviewed by the Manager with a view to reducing its size, either by selling or placing on loan those players not considered likely to be capable to further development or those who are not yet of suitable quality but are seen as having potential, as appropriate
    9. All 1st team selection, tactics and other football-related matters to be the ultimate responsibility of the 1st team Manager
    10. The owner to make available to the 1st team Manager a suitable budget for the acquisition of a select number of key players for the 2018/19 season, the positions of play and numbers to be advised by the 1st team Manager

I am not privy to the details of salaries paid to the DoF, coaching staff, or the costs of the arrangement with Cultural Leonora, but I suspect that the short-term suggestions above, from 1 – 6 are probably cost neutral, perhaps even beneficial in reducing opex.

Provided surplus players can be removed from the wage bill, either sold or sent out on loan with the loaning club paying the majority of player wages, substantial further reductions in opex could be achieved during the summer (8 above). If slaes or loan under the conditions described can’t be achieved, then there are two alternatives;

a. Player is no longer selected for any team, and is paid the minimum subject to their contractual terms
    b. Player contracts are terminated via mutual consent, with zero compensation (if not agreeable (a) applies

None of the above reduces the clubs ability to scout, although it probably makes the Managers job more challenging, which is precisely the aim, (don’t wish it was easier, wish you were better!)

None of this reduces commercial activity, (I hope our DoF isn’t involved in marketing, he has shown that simply acquiring good players is a struggle, he doesn’t need additional burdens!), although I’d suggest the relationship with Aspire and the role of Bravo should be reviewed for its benefit (short and long term) to Leeds United.

We currently charge PL-type prices for Championship football. That would be bad enough as an offering to a fan base that most clubs would die for. As it is, we rub salt in the wound by fielding sub-standard players brought in over the head of those responsible for coaching, and the results are painfully obvious for all to see, whatever role they have, from supporter to owner. Making the changes I suggest will bring about improvements in performance, which in turn will improve the supporter experience with results on the pitch.

I could go on about how we should be engaging with the young fans, as many other clubs do (the article you highlighted about Bristol City being one excellent example), about removing rip-off prices from the concessions, allowing profitable performance but not excessively so, ditto for the club shop, where Leeds could win so many friends (and by doing so generate even more good news by mouth-to-mouth recommendation) by reducing the profits made on each item, and by doing so making sure that volume of sales improves (I’d rather Leeds was as successful as Primark with its price/value proposition than Marks & Spencer with its!), but frankly I can’t be ar5ed, as the likelihood that the club will do anything of the sort is “negligible”

So, enough to be going on with, or do I get another “looking down your nose on the little people” response?

And then our owner goes on the radio and gives us this;

"As a club we support them in everything," he (Radrizzani) told the Jim White show. "We gave them long-term contracts, we supported them during our pre-season camp in Spain, we did everything they wanted but we didn’t get back their commitment, their passion and spirit, particularly in the last game I can mention [against Middlesbrough].

"The most important game we played poorly, and for me it was the bottom of the season because there was no commitment, no passion, no spirit. I don’t want players in my team representing Leeds United with this behaviour.

"So I hope they can learn as well, and they can be here with me next year, playing better and with more commitment."

The links below are worth a read, (if you're objective of course! )

http://c.newsnow.co.uk/A/928400645?-11130:816

https://www.footballinsider247.com/l...t-own-players/

And as Mark Twain said;

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”

I get accused of the above, but then, I'm not owner of Leeds United!
    Last edited by WTF11; 13-03-2018 at 11:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post

And as Mark Twain said;

“It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than open it and remove all doubt”
    maybe re read what you quoted and look a little closer to home.

simple fact is none of us own the club, we don’t have influence on the club (other than attending or not attending games), I suspect few have experience of running clubs at any level and whilst we may have opinions on things this is a forum to chat and voice opinions - it has no bearing on what will happen at the club.

i don’t think anyone questions your passion for the club or that you want the club to be successful, you clearly do BUT just because you have a different view doesnt mean you have to agree with them or them with you. Trading insults because people disagree or making the same point endlessly does not seem to be what forums are about and I suspect is if anything going to make those with a different view less inclined to agree with anything you say.

historically, I am sure you didn’t get so wound up but I can’t see how getting wound up with fellow posters is going to help.

Mrs O may have different opinions to yours sometimes but when I read her posts she always tries to respect differences in views but every time she posts anything to explain it seems to this sad but ‘half full Optimist’ you look to be critical of Mrs O.

i have massively limited posting as I cba with people twisting what others say unless they accept 100% their view.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    maybe re read what you quoted and look a little closer to home.

simple fact is none of us own the club, we don’t have influence on the club (other than attending or not attending games), I suspect few have experience of running clubs at any level and whilst we may have opinions on things this is a forum to chat and voice opinions - it has no bearing on what will happen at the club.

i don’t think anyone questions your passion for the club or that you want the club to be successful, you clearly do BUT just because you have a different view doesnt mean you have to agree with them or them with you. Trading insults because people disagree or making the same point endlessly does not seem to be what forums are about and I suspect is if anything going to make those with a different view less inclined to agree with anything you say.

historically, I am sure you didn’t get so wound up but I can’t see how getting wound up with fellow posters is going to help.

Mrs O may have different opinions to yours sometimes but when I read her posts she always tries to respect differences in views but every time she posts anything to explain it seems to this sad but ‘half full Optimist’ you look to be critical of Mrs O.

i have massively limited posting as I cba with people twisting what others say unless they accept 100% their view.
    Bit confused there m8.

You refer to Mrs O, but the post you replied to was the one about Radrizzanis pronouncements on radio, which I posted.

If I can take the Mrs O thing first;

On several occasions Mrs O has challenged me to produce proposals that, IMHO would improve matters. I have done so, but took the time on this occasion to be a little more comprehensive. I have no expectation that any will be enacted by the club, so it was a purely intellectual exercise, and I din't get "wound up", despite (as I am happy to repeat) the condescending attitude Mrs O betrayed in this and many of her posts ("I am better informed than you....." etc etc). I have to say, if by some miracle the club was to take action similar to that I propose, I'd be very pleased, but not expectant.

Mrso O has been taken to task (not just by me) on a few occasions for defending the club against criticism, whilst never actually BEING critical, and her objectivity/neutrality has been questioned. I'm not overly concerned about either, she has an opinion, and "connections" (the nature of which I have absolutely no idea), and she is entitled to express herself, but neither she nor other should expect that such will go unchallenged.

On the Mark Twain quote.....sure I run the risk, we all do, but we're not all the owner of Leeds United football club, are we? That was my point.

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)