+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Name the Tykes squad

Is that a young David Speedie fust on back row int white shirt ?
    Carl Airey next un wi white shirt between Souter and Law ?
    Last edited by Romared; 12-03-2018 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Can't remember is Andy Rhodes I think
    Bukavina not Berkovits ,

Next to barra far right that's Paul Longden I think

Is that Steve Shutt between Colin Walker and Cunningham ?
    Last edited by animallittle3; 12-03-2018 at 05:22 PM.

Ez Acido got the answer's ? Starts summat then leervin to us !! Carnt trust nubdi from West Yorks namoor

I ent a clue who aif on em are Acido to be fair. A wo unly born in '78 and I didnt follow em till '88 so teeum fotoes afooar that era is a struggle barring the obvious ones mate.

Loving the strips though from back then. Plain, simple and classy. No silly sponsors and a proper badge

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I ent a clue who aif on em are Acido to be fair. A wo unly born in '78 and I didnt follow em till '88 so teeum fotoes afooar that era is a struggle barring the obvious ones mate.

Loving the strips though from back then. Plain, simple and classy. No silly sponsors and a proper badge
    That great team of the early 80's was starting to break up by 1983 , Parker , Banks and Macca would leave later that year .

To be fair some of the replacements such as Stuart Gray , David Geddis and Larry May were top notch but couldn't halt the decline .

Hunter lost his job too later that season and a year later half the fans were on strike .

Crowds dropped to 5k from 15 to 18 and it was all over .

No Im afraid I havent got the answers for most of these squads Roma, I was hoping you and Animal would do all the donkey work on this thread.

Heres one for you then Pass, the 1988 squad when we went with the Liverpool style all red for one season and almost made it to the play offs for the first time. (its not quite as clear as some of the others, but they are NOT my photos lol)

Name:  C_dz-KEXUAA1dBO.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  87.1 KB

As for our promotion squad breaking up a few years later Animal, that sounds familiar to this day doesnt it!. And when Clarkie & even banger Banks came back the second time, it wasnt quite the same then.
    Last edited by Acido; 12-03-2018 at 09:06 PM.

Carl Tiler Paul Futcher Ian Wardle Darren Ralph Clive Baker Paul Cross Gary Cosworth

Winnie Jim Dobbin John Sidlow David Currie Mark Robinson Tony Rees Julian Broddle Paul McGuigan Andy Duggan Steve Lowndes
    Michael Clarke Frank Barlow

David Ross John Beresford Steve Cooper Colin Marshall Joe Joyce Darren Foreman Steve Agnew Jonathan Bond
    Gwynn Thomas [v stum]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234