+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3 quality players

Its not only the buying of players its their wages and add ons . A 5 mil player would probably want 30 grand a week ,take 2 or 3 on this against the rest being on about 10 grand a week then divisions set in amongst the players causing unrest. Is it a chance CW would take UTB

We have a 100 year history of buying players that belong a level below where we are playing.

Championship players when we are a Premier League Team
    League One players when we are a Championship Team

We then look to make up the difference with good attitude and hard work

Sometimes our players have been able to step up to the mark using their good attitude and hard work.....for a while.
    But sometimes hard work and good attitude isn't enough.
    And sometimes it isn't there to start with and we just end up with players who belong at a lower level, and we get relegated

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    We have a 100 year history of buying players that belong a level below where we are playing.

Championship players when we are a Premier League Team
    League One players when we are a Championship Team

We then look to make up the difference with good attitude and hard work

Sometimes our players have been able to step up to the mark using their good attitude and hard work.....for a while.
    But sometimes hard work and good attitude isn't enough.
    And sometimes it isn't there to start with and we just end up with players who belong at a lower level, and we get relegated
    Fair enuff JJ,meks ya wonder why we luv the club so much dunt it? UTCB

and its gonna carry on like that till we get somebody on our board who is prepared to speculate to accumulate i think weve built a very good championship squad the next step is to try and bring some quality and individual ability in to compliment our squad im sure chris sees it this way but he needs help financially because if we want to be challenging at this level weve really got to stop trying to do it on the cheap with lower league players some big decisions to be made this summer

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    and its gonna carry on like that till we get somebody on our board who is prepared to speculate to accumulate i think weve built a very good championship squad the next step is to try and bring some quality and individual ability in to compliment our squad im sure chris sees it this way but he needs help financially because if we want to be challenging at this level weve really got to stop trying to do it on the cheap with lower league players some big decisions to be made this summer
    that powell at wigan for starters. 5 mill. double his wages ,opertunity to play at a top 6 champ club,wi 28,ooo fans behind him.

we do need a big black african power house up front as well, our forwards are like sissis.
    flint from bristol
    freeman
    james maddison.
    then we have to get a prem 20 year old or two season long loan.
    no i havnt been glue sniffing ,but thats what we need to be aiming for.

i think chris will try and buy 1 striker and loan another i like smith and washington at qpr sam baldock from brighton might be interesting and chris was interested in gallagher but think wages would be an issue with him also had high hopes with wilson but it doesnt seem to be happening with him so i think he will return to man u

We need some European or South American magic to provide something creative that very few British players seem to be able to provide.

look no further than Belgium they have many young players who have made good in our leagues

Dont bank on Coutts picking up from where he left off,we know how long it took him to get over his last long term injury,which he brought with him from Derby.

been linked to Nolan who plays for shrewsbury in midfield. we have to aim higher if true

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12