+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Pardew has gone

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    It's your own board and certain players that need a good delving into before dumping all the blame on Pardew.
    If he's to blame for anything it's most likely not being able to get some of your pathetic minded team players to follow instructions and also sacking a man who would have likely been first choice as manager to get your club out of the mire.

Pardew can only work with what he has and the professionalism he has at his disposal.
    His major flaws are probably protecting some of them when they really needed stringing up by the gonads and left to rot.

Not selling Jonny Evans was another big blow and probably aided in setting in the rot by him and others, possibly.
    There's a lot more wrong at your club than just Alan Pardew being a bad manager.

What a lot of feckin crap! Have you been to any of the West Brom games? Pardew has been completely inept with almost every decision - team selections - bringing off the best players - not playing talented youngsters like Field - constantly sticking with players not performing - tactically making baffling decisions which gave him the name Mr Clueless. In the January window - it was obvious where our holes were and he gambled on an injury prone croc costing the club 4 million. What manager can't control his players - senior pros were pissed out of their brains at 6am in the morning and nicked a taxi. What did Pardew do - played two of them 24 hours later and the whole ground was disgusted. What message was Pardew giving out? Perhaps having his wallet stolen at 3am in Barcelona tells you he was no better than the players!

I blame our Board for NOT sacking this idiot when we still had a chance to escape the drop, but yes I do blame Pardew 100% and he should not be let loose near a football club again. Worst manager ever in my opinion and we have seen some crap ones!

Again, I don't honestly think your squad on paper are any better than ours, Difference is - you have a brilliant manager in Rafa who has worked wonders. No manager is perfect and for sure Rafa has made some strange decisions but thank the bloody lucky stars you have him! Certainly wish he could have been with us!

Still looking forward to coming to you on the 28th and will wear my West Brom shirt in the Terrace so come and have a drink and say hello. Glad you will stay up as you are a great club with super fans but be thankful towards Rafa as opposed to a complete and utter W anker like Pardew who we have suffered. Good riddance to him and Carver.

In some ways hoping Pearson will come in - any strong manager should be able to control his players and boot them up the arse or drop them!!! Not difficult..............
    Last edited by baggieal; 04-04-2018 at 01:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    What a lot of feckin crap! Have you been to any of the West Brom games? Pardew has been completely inept with almost every decision - team selections - bringing off the best players - not playing talented youngsters like Field - constantly sticking with players not performing - tactically making baffling decisions which gave him the name Mr Clueless. In the January window - it was obvious where our holes were and he gambled on an injury prone croc costing the club 4 million. What manager can't control his players - senior pros were pissed out of their brains at 6am in the morning and nicked a taxi. What did Pardew do - played two of them 24 hours later and the whole ground was disgusted. What message was Pardew giving out? Perhaps having his wallet stolen at 3am in Barcelona tells you he was no better than the players!

I blame our Board for NOT sacking this idiot when we still had a chance to escape the drop, but yes I do blame Pardew 100% and he should not be let loose near a football club again. Worst manager ever in my opinion and we have seen some crap ones!

Again, I don't honestly think your squad on paper are any better than ours, Difference is - you have a brilliant manager in Rafa who has worked wonders. No manager is perfect and for sure Rafa has made some strange decisions but thank the bloody lucky stars you have him! Certainly wish he could have been with us!

Still looking forward to coming to you on the 28th and will wear my West Brom shirt in the Terrace so come and have a drink and say hello. Glad you will stay up as you are a great club with super fans but be thankful towards Rafa as opposed to a complete and utter W anker like Pardew who we have suffered. Good riddance to him and Carver.

In some ways hoping Pearson will come in - any strong manager should be able to control his players and boot them up the arse or drop them!!! Not difficult..............
    Good post man, you got Pardew sussed perfectly just as we did when he was here, total tosser. A couple on here still think the sun shines out of his backside though. Good luck next season.

Great accurate post mate and a fine assessment of Pardew and Carver, good luck next season

Don’t take any notice of Ghost how can he comment on your Club when he has never even been to a live Newcastle game

www.talkconstantshyte.com

Quote Originally Posted by ex_pat_magpie View Post
    Pardew has had seven managerial posts, at Reading and Soton he was slightly worse than average.
    No he wasn't. He was actually a decent manager when you look at what he was managing.
    You're skewing it all to suit yourself but carry on.

At West Ham, Charlton, Newcastle United, Crystal Palace and W.B.A. he was abysmal.
    He done fine at West Ham and then they slacked off. Same with Charlton and us and palace.
    Only W.B.A can be seen as a real overall disaster but then again things need to be looked into deeper with the entire set up and not just down to a manager who has been stood out like a sitting duck.

And just look at the class of some of the players he had while here. He wasn't fit to lace their boots.
    The class of players were his players so I think he's more than laced them.
    His record at this club under the overall circumstances is not abysmal by a long shot. A mixture of all kinds of shenanigans can be blamed on why he didn't do better, from boardroom to certain players, to fan discontent over Ashley and eventually Pardew...etc.....etc.

Now don't dodge the issue. Answer the question.

My quote from my previous post.

"Name the lot of managers who have had as many chances as Pardew who have done a whole lot worse.

I struggle to fine one"
    I don't need to dodge anything. You fail to find anyone worse because you haven't looked, not to mention the pretence of how bad he's supposedly done at all clubs.
    The hatred for him knows no bounds. He does not deserve it because he's done nothing wrong to deserve it.

What a lot of feckin crap! Have you been to any of the West Brom games? Pardew has been completely inept with almost every decision - team selections - bringing off the best players - not playing talented youngsters like Field
    Pardew is a manager. I'd say a decent manager. Decent does not mean perfect or messiah like.
    However, maybe not playing some of your talented youngsters maybe because the pressure does not ask for it and could do the opposite of bringing them to the fore. It could set them back.
    Think about it.

- constantly sticking with players not performing
    That depends on what quality you have and what experience to go with that quality. If it's in abundance then he's a mug but if it's not, he has to do what he thinks is the best hope....right?

- tactically making baffling decisions which gave him the name Mr Clueless.
    He's been hung out to dry man.
    21 games with a squad of players, half of who don't seem to give a rats aris for your club. That's a massive kick in the nuts for any manager.
    Pulis was despatched 16 games in, right? Why?.....Bad manager?....Not playing the style of football to which you all want?
    All managers make decisions that baffle tactically. It can irritate but it depends on what that tactically means in terms of your team and what the overall reasons were to try and find some kind of happy medium among what was available.

In the January window - it was obvious where our holes were and he gambled on an injury prone croc costing the club 4 million.
    I wonder what you'd be saying if Sturridge had hit the ground running and got you lot out of the mire.....but, even so, I wonder who actually sanctioned that deal to start with. I bet it wasn't Pardew, so where would you look other than that?
    Wherever that is could be a major player in the problem. Somewhere in that boardroom, eh.....maybe?

What manager can't control his players - senior pros were pissed out of their brains at 6am in the morning and nicked a taxi. What did Pardew do - played two of them 24 hours later and the whole ground was disgusted. What message was Pardew giving out? Perhaps having his wallet stolen at 3am in Barcelona tells you he was no better than the players!
    Many managers can't control players because the money has eaten away at the brains of too many and it's festering among clubs as we speak.
    Once you've got a few irritants at your club, you're in trouble.
    Not allowing Evans to leave was a massive mistake and it's coming back to haunt the club, because you've got a disgruntled player and a player that's clearly not fit to play for your club after the incident in Span.

No....blame your board for sacking Pulis so early. Sacking a man that would have most likely been touted as a latter saviour had he not already been at your club and sacked.
    Blame your board for being smug arrogant and clueless mugs and blame your board for literally hanging out Pardew to dry. A big scapegoat has been made and a certain amount of your players and hierarchy need to take a massive amount of blame, In my opinion....and is all is just my opinion, so take it as that.

Quality wise you're probably close to being correct. Togetherness and effort wise, we're miles ahead.
    A few bad apples and all that. We 've all seen this before and someone has to take the flack for it. generally it's the manager.

Your hatred is built up by the position you're in. I can see that. Pardew will never be on your christmas card list. I can see that.
    21 games in charge of a sinking ship is hanging a person out to dry no matter what excuses are made for tactics and harmony under him. The rot was already eating deep into the supports well before Pardew came in.
    Championship football is better for you...seriously with your set up.
    I think your club will be away from the premier league for many many years to come under the regime you have.

He won't need to drop them...they'll be gone and you'll need to rebuild.
    You need a manager who'll be allowed to manage, because I don't think Pardew's has jurisdiction in most of this set up. Interference is my bet...but then again I'm merely best guessing like we all are...even you...because none of us really know what goes on behind closed doors.

nah ghost, pardew didn't start out fine and then they slacked off

Pardew is utterly incapable of prolonged coaching/tactics stiuff with the same group of players

he can put the extra effort in to begin with and get a modicum of success. but he can't keep it up.

its like someone putting 150% into their job initially, soon after it is an impossible level to keep working at

its him that can't keep it up, not the players slacking

The way you go on ghost anyone would think you were Alan Pardew.The man is a fraud to be called a manager.The amount of times he has had the sack.Any other line of work and someone was sacked as often you would say they were bad at their job.
    Hes sacked end of.I will be happy if I never see his arrogant mug again.That is why you defend the bloke.Probably see yourself in him.You are coming across all arrogant the way you are dismissing everybodys opinion because it isnt the same as yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Geordie1974 View Post
    The way you go on ghost anyone would think you were Alan Pardew.The man is a fraud to be called a manager.The amount of times he has had the sack.Any other line of work and someone was sacked as often you would say they were bad at their job.
    Hes sacked end of.I will be happy if I never see his arrogant mug again.That is why you defend the bloke.Probably see yourself in him.You are coming across all arrogant the way you are dismissing everybodys opinion because it isnt the same as yours.
    sorry but i have to disagree with one point here.

the majority of managers are sacked from every job at some point. its the nature of the game. even the top world class managers, get the sack

the rest though is spot on he is a fraud.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    nah ghost, pardew didn't start out fine and then they slacked off

Pardew is utterly incapable of prolonged coaching/tactics stiuff with the same group of players

he can put the extra effort in to begin with and get a modicum of success. but he can't keep it up.

its like someone putting 150% into their job initially, soon after it is an impossible level to keep working at

its him that can't keep it up, not the players slacking
    I'd argue is a good dollop of both and a side dollop of upstairs.
    Each to their own.

The way you go on ghost anyone would think you were Alan Pardew.
    Because I defend him against the hatred?
    Feel free to believe what you want though, you're entitled to that.

The man is a fraud to be called a manager.
    The man is a decent manager but feel free to think what you want.

The amount of times he has had the sack.Any other line of work and someone was sacked as often you would say they were bad at their job.
    The amount of times?
    Name them.

Hes sacked end of.I will be happy if I never see his arrogant mug again.
    He's not sacked. I seem to see " by mutual consent" which you can construe as anything you want to but sacked is not a word I see...same as at Newcastle.
    Maybe you can go through his career as manager bit by bit.

That is why you defend the bloke.Probably see yourself in him.
    I think that's you thinking I see myself in him, to be fair.

You are coming across all arrogant the way you are dismissing everybodys opinion because it isnt the same as yours.
    I'm coming across as me with my opinion of which you don't like, so now I'm arrogant because mass opinion of which you seem to abide by appears to put you on some kind of pedestal and in your mind appears to give you some kind of entitled stance to call me arrogant for my view and yet fail to see your own.
    Hmmmm. Never mind.

Take a look at his entire managerial career and see if you can take the goold with your known bad. If you can't, I'll jump in and help and we'll see if the man is the fraud you claim.

Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)