+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 529 of 530 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530 LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,290 of 5293

Thread: 2018 Summer recruitment

Quote Originally Posted by Pauldolski10 View Post
    Reports of Stephen Ireland away to sign for us
    Seems a no nonsense kinda midfielder. Bit of an attitude to from what little I have seen of him. Could be a good signing.

Irish-check

Free-check

Recovering from seriois injury - check

A shoe in to sign

Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    Irish-check

Free-check

Recovering from seriois injury - check

A shoe in to sign
    Sh1te - check

Quote Originally Posted by mondo_notion View Post
    Seems a no nonsense kinda midfielder. Bit of an attitude to from what little I have seen of him. Could be a good signing.
    "no nonsense" insinuates a hard man, a tough tackler...
    He's far from that.
    He'd see himself as a "footballer", someone that likes to get on the ball and pass it.
    A Kenny McLean type (cue the Donsdaft barrage)

As someone who is 100% respectful of mental health, I'll say that he appears to have an "interesting" character.

Personally, I'd rather the likes of Scott Wright, Frank Ross & Dean Campbell were given game time over someone who has an appalling injury record.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    "no nonsense" insinuates a hard man, a tough tackler...
    He's far from that.
    He'd see himself as a "footballer", someone that likes to get on the ball and pass it.
    A Kenny McLean type (cue the Donsdaft barrage)

As someone who is 100% respectful of mental health, I'll say that he appears to have an "interesting" character.

Personally, I'd rather the likes of Scott Wright, Frank Ross & Dean Campbell were given game time over someone who has an appalling injury record.
    Clearly a very good player in his day... but that was at least 5 years ago now. This rumour makes me think of Joey Barton coming up to Rangers... and that didn't exactly go well.

If he signs he will likely be an improvement on Forrester and Gleeson, so I won't be devastated. At the same time, I think it's a big risk given he'll demand a very high wage (by our standards) and has a bad injury record in recent years. My worry is that we splurge a big wage on him simply because he's available now (bit of a panic signing) rather than wait and assess our options in January. My preference until January would be - play 442 with Shinnie and Ferguson in the centre or 4231 with Shinnie & Ferguson in the 2 and Wright in no10. If we're signing anyone before January it should be a wide player so we don't need to keep playing an off form, unfit McGinn because we have no alternative.

During the summer Ireland couldn't agree terms with Bolton who he had been training with and apparently had a deal fall through with Borussia Monchengladbach.

Quote Originally Posted by medw1311 View Post
    During the summer Ireland couldn't agree terms with Bolton who he had been training with and apparently had a deal fall through with Borussia Monchengladbach.
    Is it encouraging that he was even linked to these 2 clubs and is now maybe heading our way? There must be a player still there somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by DJR1979 View Post
    Is it encouraging that he was even linked to these 2 clubs and is now maybe heading our way? There must be a player still there somewhere.
    You could look at it like that... or the other point of view is that he was linked with them because of his name and didn't sign for them because they realised 1) he wasn't fit. 2) didn't have enough ambition left. 3) wanted more money than he was worth.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Corleone View Post
    You could look at it like that... or the other point of view is that he was linked with them because of his name and didn't sign for them because they realised 1) he wasn't fit. 2) didn't have enough ambition left. 3) wanted more money than he was worth.
    Tweet from DM's press conference is that Ireland is just a friend of Shay's and there is nothing in it for us going for him

Nothing in it because the scrooge Milne isn't wanting to part with anymore DNA funds or his own cash . Baldy c unt

Page 529 of 530 FirstFirst ... 29429479519527528529530 LastLast