+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: where's the doom and gloom merchants at half time now ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Ross View Post
    Having consumed a sizeable portion of humble pie, may I point out, however, that a 3-0 defeat seemed far more likely than the 100/1 shot turnaround which actually happened. How many times so far this season have we turned around such a poor first half?
    Ha Ha were the Apples a Tad sour too.

At the start of this season I just wanted to be better than last season. I thought if we could finish around 10th that would do for me.
    It looks good for the play offs even outside chance of the automatic places. At least we never said that we were going to get promoted automatically like Mansfailed. I still think that they might still miss out on the play offs.

Quote Originally Posted by sirlesbradd View Post

notts really do have the most fickle fans in the football league
    I'll tell you something about Notts fickle fans. On matchdays if you are within a quarter of a mile of Meadow Lane you will see literally hundreds of these fickle fans wearing the black and white and on their way to the ground. On Saturday I was in Burton upon Trent and caught a bus to take me to Derby and then back home, this was at about 2.45, fif**** minutes before kick-off. The bus I caught would pass Burton's ground and was almost full. On the bus there was ONE man wearing the yellow and black of Burton Albion. As the bus got closer to the stadium I could see a few hundred or so fans making their way to the ground. You can believe this or not but I never saw another fan in his team's colours - NOT ONE.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    I'll tell you something about Notts fickle fans. On matchdays if you are within a quarter of a mile of Meadow Lane you will see literally hundreds of these fickle fans wearing the black and white and on their way to the ground. On Saturday I was in Burton upon Trent and caught a bus to take me to Derby and then back home, this was at about 2.45, fif**** minutes before kick-off. The bus I caught would pass Burton's ground and was almost full. On the bus there was ONE man wearing the yellow and black of Burton Albion. As the bus got closer to the stadium I could see a few hundred or so fans making their way to the ground. You can believe this or not but I never saw another fan in his team's colours - NOT ONE.
    .....I think we are good fans, but we like a moan because we are so used to disappointment, it is like a defence mechanism?

I am relatively new to Notts, mid 80s?....but I went out on Saturday punching the area muttering "3~1 yer beauty" in front of the two Mexicans fixing the leaks in the flat roof.....they thought I was a bit bonkers when I was trying to explain we were the oldest club in the World etc etc...I even took out free beer and coffee.....next week, if we do not beat Yeovil, they will get nothing ...plus I will kick over their wheel~barrow

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    .....I think we are good fans, but we like a moan because we are so used to disappointment, it is like a defence mechanism?

I am relatively new to Notts, mid 80s?....but I went out on Saturday punching the area muttering "3~1 yer beauty" in front of the two Mexicans fixing the leaks in the flat roof.....they thought I was a bit bonkers when I was trying to explain we were the oldest club in the World etc etc...I even took out free beer and coffee.....next week, if we do not beat Yeovil, they will get nothing ...plus I will kick over their wheel~barrow
    Brilliant Tarqs

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post
    ....plus I will kick over their wheel~barrow
    Just take the wheel off and then have a go at explaining the song "Tenía una carretilla, la rueda se cayó."

Exactly, upthemaggies

However, onwards & upwards... As long as we can finish the season strongly then confidence will be high going into the play-offs. (Automatic is a very long shot.)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123