+ Visit West Ham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: your home........

your home........

The London Stadium, Im Romford born and bred and a lot of my good friends are Hammers fans, none of them really tell me their true feelings over leaving Upton Park, me personally believe that it was a Sin to be honest, a lot of soul has gone from the game in general as the years pass, modern trading estate stadiums are dull and lack character,

Grounds like Reading, Leicester and so on, I love the tradition of going to a football match, little things like The pub on the corner, the corner betting shop etc etc.

What is you take on leaving the great Upton Park?

Quote Originally Posted by es***red52 View Post
    The London Stadium, Im Romford born and bred and a lot of my good friends are Hammers fans, none of them really tell me their true feelings over leaving Upton Park, me personally believe that it was a Sin to be honest, a lot of soul has gone from the game in general as the years pass, modern trading estate stadiums are dull and lack character,

Grounds like Reading, Leicester and so on, I love the tradition of going to a football match, little things like The pub on the corner, the corner betting shop etc etc.

What is you take on leaving the great Upton Park?
    What is you take on leaving the great Upton Park? a massive update tbh, just a shame we do not have the owners who are prepared or capable of investing in this once in a lifetime chance, upgrade the bowl or demolish, invest in the team, try to be a little bit more professional in your dealings with supporters, media, and other clubs and stop LYING! for starters

apart from that mate i'm all easy

stay safe now fella
    john.

Quote Originally Posted by dagenhamJohn View Post
    What is you take on leaving the great Upton Park? a massive update tbh, just a shame we do not have the owners who are prepared or capable of investing in this once in a lifetime chance, upgrade the bowl or demolish, invest in the team, try to be a little bit more professional in your dealings with supporters, media, and other clubs and stop LYING! for starters

apart from that mate i'm all easy

stay safe now fella
    john.
    A lot of grounds have lost a lot of atmosphere since the advent of all seater stadiums.

As an aside what do Hammers fans call some of their rivals,in the North East we call Sunderland Mackems because of the way they pronounce words like make as Mak and take as tak.
    Middlesbrough we call smoggies because of their chemical and steel works.

wotcha mate and welcome to this very busy West Ham UTD board
    to answer your query Sir:
    Tottenham= YIDS, because they are!
    Chelsea= PLASTICS, because they are!
    those are the immediate 1's that spring to mind, there are others.....
    stay safe now
    john.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    A lot of grounds have lost a lot of atmosphere since the advent of all seater stadiums.

As an aside what do Hammers fans call some of their rivals,in the North East we call Sunderland Mackems because of the way they pronounce words like make as Mak and take as tak.

Definitely the atmosphere went at Upton Park after the seats were put in so that was the biggest difference rather than moving stadium.

Barcodes for you guys
    We used to call the Brighton team 'tesco bags' in the 80s.
    Bin Dippers for the red scousers
    C***S for Millwall.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post

****s

Quote Originally Posted by WHU View Post
    ****s
    Kants...

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)