+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Free transfers thread summer 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    Cant remember many times when we have achieved the "Big Transfer" level, Me thinks back to signing Vinny Jones - £700,000, That was breaking news on 5 Live back then.

There was also Alex Sabella which made the National media and I even cut short my holiday in Skeggy to see his introduction to the club at Bramall Lane pre - season.

Wondering if there are any more ?

UTB
    was that in front of the john street stand pal. i vaguely remember him booting balls into the stand

Quote Originally Posted by Currieisgod View Post
    Cant remember many times when we have achieved the "Big Transfer" level, Me thinks back to signing Vinny Jones - £700,000, That was breaking news on 5 Live back then.

There was also Alex Sabella which made the National media and I even cut short my holiday in Skeggy to see his introduction to the club at Bramall Lane pre - season.

Wondering if there are any more ?

UTB
    Wasn't Don Hutchinson our record signing for a while?

James Beattie ( 1st time) was probably the highest profile at SUFC at the time.

When Robson was here, we were spending freely. Beattie £4m, Naysmith £2.5m, Hulse £2m, Kilgallon £2m etc etc

Its a shame we didn't spend like that when we got promoted. We'd have still been there, although I wouldn't trust Warnock with money. He's great at teasing our bargains, but give him money and he's no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    When Robson was here, we were spending freely. Beattie £4m, Naysmith £2.5m, Hulse £2m, Kilgallon £2m etc etc

Its a shame we didn't spend like that when we got promoted. We'd have still been there, although I wouldn't trust Warnock with money. He's great at teasing our bargains, but give him money and he's no idea.
    Weren't Hulse & Killa Warnock signings?

Robson was also bringing in such high paid luminaries as Hendrie, Horsfield & Lee Martin to squander the money he was given.

Anyone spending 6m on Madine, no matter how much the market has changed, needs certifying

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Benny Blockmod obvs aint heard Andres Iniesta's leavin Barca or he'd've suggested him to be COUTTSY's boot boy for next season.UTCB
    We should definitely go for Fernando Torres rather than Iniesta

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Everything wrong with football on two legs. Doesn't want to play for Sunderland on the odd occasion that he isn't injured, but still wants his £70k a week wages. Says its' unfair' for him to be asked to leave unless he has another club to go to.

PS I know you're kidding Blocky.. but 'Rod-well' sure has lived up to his name where Sunderland are concerned
    Absolute disgrace what Rodwell has done or not done to Sunderland,he is going to walk away from the disaster a very rich man,and not give one iota about the plight of the team,the fans or the City.I suspect that there are a few more like Rodwell among there playing staff.

That is why I was so glad,when Christopher said in one of his earliest statements,the days of one last pay day,players easing into retirement at the Lane are over,long may that policy continue.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

Robson was also bringing in such high paid luminaries as Hendrie, Horsfield & Lee Martin to squander the money he was given.

Anyone spending 6m on Madine, no matter how much the market has changed, needs certifying
    Horsfield was also a warnock signing

Luke Yates an 18yr old from alvechurch will turn out for our u23s against Swansea he's a striker who can also play out wide was recently on trial at WBA bagged 10 goals in 38 games this season,he also played in the game against charlton

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Horsfield was also a warnock signing
    Of course, he was nearly as effective as the other Beattie- Craig,

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post

Yes, of course, but around that time, we seem to be having every player coming in for £2m.

As for Madine, if Cardiff get up then the fee paid will be vindicated, won't it?

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast