+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: message to the board

I'm very sceptical of HRH taking over

Van Wynkel takes a prominent role

CW walks

HRH already talking about tapping into the overseas market. Fair enough. Nothing wrong with that provided the right type of players can be identified

Who knows how much HRH has to invest in the club, but from a personal point of view, I don't see it being substantial. All it will mean is that we are back to square one although now with a foreign owner, a foreign board, a foreign DoF who will I suspect end up being out 1st team coach and what do we have then?

Wendy mk2

What would be the point of HRH taking over and then just putting the bare minimum in? It makes no sense. McCabe has the ties to his boyhood club, but there's literally no benefit to the Prince taking over and running on fumes. It doesn't do his own personal brand any good, it doesn't offer him any return on his investment, and it doesn't give him the satisfaction of running a big club.

Top comments Wavy.
    Quote Originally Posted by wavy_blade View Post
    Wilders throwing his toys out of the cot TBH , he did the same at Northhamton , Money doesn't always guarantee u successes , Wilders signings so far for the club haven't been the best. What gets me is that really we haven't played right since November when you know who got injured. A lot of football is about moral , confidence and momentum , once you lose this your in trouble , this same set of players were ripping teams apart before November , now they couldn't rip a paper bag apart !

I really don't want the plastic prince if he was so intent on taking us to the next level why dilute his investment by buying into another club,he may have outside investment but we don't know he may have non and then where are we we has no affinity with the club or fans so it's better the devil you know for me,one thing I'm sure of is KK will not set the club down the river without a paddle and he may have outside investment like HRH .... who knows

Wilders throwing his toys out of the cot TBH , he did the same at Northhamton , Money doesn't always guarantee u successes , Wilders signings so far for the club haven't been the best. What gets me is that really we haven't played right since November when you know who got injured. A lot of football is about moral , confidence and momentum , once you lose this your in trouble , this same set of players were ripping teams apart before November , now they couldn't rip a paper bag apart !
    I agree with the latter part of your post wavy I said last week this is primarily the same set of players who ran amok early season bar one or two,however his dig appears to be for them (the owners) to get on the same page and provide reasonable investment ,quote "I'm not asking for 40m",just enough to move us forward having the 3rd lowest budget in the league is criminal for a club of this size I think he's just asking for a pot on terms with what others of a similar size have doin it sensibly,as for the incomings in Jan that one is a puzzle he may have thought he needed that many to cover all areas (which we mostly agreed on) but with his budget this was all he could get and did so rather than putting all the eggs in one basket,where would he have been buying one or two good players and one getting injured ? That's what being a manager is all about finding the balance,did he get it right imo no he didn't but nobody gets it right all the time even sir Alex made mistakes it's how he learns from them and moves forward that's important I think he is capable but is just asking for the opportunity

Quote Originally Posted by Carpe_diem View Post
    The question you have to ask is what would have happened if we hadn't got this unexpected windfall. The owners would have had to balance the books. That's what being a football club owner is about. As it was a bonus payment, they could have invested it in the first team. Maybe we'd have got promoted and they'd have made their money back plus more besides. But even if we hadn't, the money was a bonus so they'd not have been down any more than they were expecting to be.

Small club mentality with a club and fan base with immense potential. That's what's going to hold us back, same as it always has.
    Fair points CD -

Money doesn't guarantee anything but nobody will ever achieve anything without it
    It's a nice, convenient, ready made excuse that has been brainwashed into the psyche of Sheffield United fans by 100 years of different boardrooms, just the same as 100 years of different directors have brainwashed the pigs into believing the are something that they are not.

Wilder said he wont waste the clubs money, that doesn't mean he doesn't want or need any.
    Give Wilder the money and he will succeed, give him £1 million to sign the six or seven players needed and he will fail just like every other manager eventually does.

Unlike most that seemingly follow this club, I do want billionaire owners, I do want £10 million players with extreme talent that can entertain us and pick a way through the mighty Preston, QPR, Barnsley and Birmingham City defences without it looking like turgid hard work that occasionally works but more often than not doesn't. I want a couple of talented Spanish, French or Argentinian players with obvious quality, and the last thing I'm going to worry about is their wages or unproven abilities in the Championship or an unsettling Latino temperament that they probably don't have anyway.

I do want stadium redevelopment that will make Bramall Lane not look so much like Bramall Lane.
    And the £10 million pound players I talk about, I want them to get us to the Premier League and then be replaced by £30 million pound players, so that we can maybe win a Cup and play in Europe.

McCabe and the Prince can't do it so they should stop their bickering and start moving heaven and earth to find somebody that can before they once again kill any positivity that has been built up over the last two years

The club has the fanbase, it has the stadium potential, it has the big city location, it has finally got the right manager, now we need the boardroom with the wherewithal to move the club in the direction it should have gone in 50 years ago, instead of sitting back and watching everybody else do it instead

excellent post jj spot on mate chris doesnt need millions to make us succesful but at least give him a fair crack of the whip and if the prince and mcabe cant even do that its time both of em did one

(I know I posted this just now on another thread but as this addressed to the Board I thought I would have another go and repeat it!)
    Why has this problem arisen between McCabe and the Prince?
    What, actually, is the problem?
    Is it the fact the Prince can buy McCabe's share or the price he has to pay to do it or is it something else?
    If it is the third one - ie something else - what is that something else?
    I am sure we would all like to know, as it is rather important, particularly if it is going affect Wilder's recruitment and even more importantly Wilder's future at the Lane.
    McCabe wasn't forced to sign an Agreement with the Prince.
    McCabe wasn't forced to agree to a provision in that Agreement allowing the Prince to buy McCabe's share.
    If there was any possibility, at all, that he might be unhappy at such a thing arising in the future, why provide the opportunity in the first place?
    If the Prince has the right to buy McCabe's share, the extent of what that share comprises will be detailed exactly down to the last nut and bolt, training cone and hotel tissue. The same goes for how the valuation of that share will be arrived at.
    Neither party would have signed such an Agreement if they were not happy with all those terms and how any differences (whether to the extent of what was being bought and sold, valuation, price, method of payment, etc.) would be resolved in a case of dipute.
    So why did McCabe enter in to the Agreement if the provisions agreed are now causing him serious concerns.
    What on earth was he doing?
    He is a businessman, a man of the world, of lawyers and complicated agreements.
    Did he know what he was doing? Yes, of course he did!
    So what is going on and why?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
    Sort it out!

The only loser with this boardroom shenanigans is us the supporters

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast