+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: message to the board

message to the board

back this manager or he will walk you have been warned

Wilder will be backed
    When we sell Brooks for 2 million he will get half of it

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    Wilder will be backed
    When we sell Brooks for 2 million he will get half of it
    VERY optimistic when you consider how much he got of the Walker and McGuire money.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    VERY optimistic when you consider how much he got of the Walker and McGuire money.
    all right - sorry for being a bit naive/stupid, but doesn't the Board have to balance the books somehow - or did they pocket this money?

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    all right - sorry for being a bit naive/stupid, but doesn't the Board have to balance the books somehow - or did they pocket this money?
    Not naive at all Aya. A little unfashionable, but not naive.

Wilders throwing his toys out of the cot TBH , he did the same at Northhamton , Money doesn't always guarantee u successes , Wilders signings so far for the club haven't been the best. What gets me is that really we haven't played right since November when you know who got injured. A lot of football is about moral , confidence and momentum , once you lose this your in trouble , this same set of players were ripping teams apart before November , now they couldn't rip a paper bag apart !

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    Not naive at all Aya. A little unfashionable, but not naive.
    Oh Pops who ya havin a dig at? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    The question you have to ask is what would have happened if we hadn't got this unexpected windfall. The owners would have had to balance the books. That's what being a football club owner is about. As it was a bonus payment, they could have invested it in the first team. Maybe we'd have got promoted and they'd have made their money back plus more besides. But even if we hadn't, the money was a bonus so they'd not have been down any more than they were expecting to be.

Small club mentality with a club and fan base with immense potential. That's what's going to hold us back, same as it always has.

I help by buying my season ticket early (day 1 usually) and others do similar but none of us covers the losses every year
    and so it's easy to be critical of the owners. In the last few years I understand the £6m per year losses have been paid by
    Mr McCabe and the Prince. I don't expect substantial extra funds to be given to Mr Wilder.

I also understand that being in the Championship gives each team a share of the Sky pot of about £6m per club so this
    is the value I would expect to be given to the manager. And most Championship clubs that spend about 4/5 seasons before
    they push for promotion, building up their squads to be in the mix. This seems reasonable to me.

I hope our manager stays but I have to say I not happy that he made his comments public - was this good management of bad?
    We'll have to wait and see.
    Last edited by Chips1889; 29-04-2018 at 08:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Oh Pops who ya havin a dig at? UTCB
    No-one Rod. I understand the arguments around money and ambition, and how different it could have all been if we'd loaned in Mitrovic in January or whatever the 'what-ifs' are. The bottom line of everything is that it needs paying for, and a "few extra millions" is easily written on forums, but not so easy to write on a cheque. I saw King Kev described as 'too risk averse' the other day. Funny that. I tend to be a lot less risk averse when i'm spending someone else's money.

I'm starting to get a bit confused myself about the board future. If HRH wins out, brings £100m to the club, but CW leaves, is that better or worse than McCabe winning out, keeping CW, and having £5m to spend, or does Kev really have the cash waiting in the wings, and if he does, do we end up as 'The Red Bull Blades'? Does it matters, should we even care?

I'm off to get a paracetamol and think about other things for a while.
    Last edited by FatherKnowsBest; 29-04-2018 at 08:16 AM.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast