+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Last match

Quote Originally Posted by MikeSB View Post

they do have some very special qualities that stand out that is surely down to natural ability and not coaching per se! .
    So without the coaches in the Academy these players would be at the level they are at anyway then? Is it so alien to acknowledge that the coaching these kids have received from an early age has had at least some impact on their attaining this level of success? For me there is no doubt and no doubt also that we would not be playing league football were it not for the Academy and it's coaching staff. Long may it continue

Totally agree the academy has got some fantastic coaches that develop these lads .

What a fabulous day out! I wasn't going to go (150-mile round trip when I'm doing the same on Sunday is a bit much) after the lacklustre performance against Morecambe. I ain't half glad I did. Well done to the directors and management team who decided on the Academy XI, and well done to the lads who made it a proper footie game. The 'Crewe Way' may be old hat and trodden on by FA mismanagement and Premier League greed, but it was a simply joyous afternoon.
    PS Does anybody know how Sean Miller is? Worrying injury, but he kept upright until the final whistle.

I think Miller would be a great signing... he's prob our best finisher..... Green I'm on the fence simply because id like Walker given a chance.... Ng at CB means a right back and maybe left back is a priority.... Great end to the season and full of optimism for next season. Are certainly looking more like the team who gained promotion last time.... enjoy the summer

Great end to the campaign with S**ke's relegation and Fail's drubbing being the icing on the cake.

It was a great day and what was nice was how the stand stood up to applaud the players as they came out. The players looked shocked but quickly embraced it.
    I supported the Alex for years, even before the Dario days but I think the academy is what makes us proud of supporting the club and to think we have played a homegrown team twice now.
    Long may it continue

Quote Originally Posted by out0lunch View Post
    It was a great day and what was nice was how the stand stood up to applaud the players as they came out. The players looked shocked but quickly embraced it.
    I supported the Alex for years, even before the Dario days but I think the academy is what makes us proud of supporting the club and to think we have played a homegrown team twice now.
    Long may it continue
    The academy has undoubtedly been something of which the club can take pride in but I'd still be a proud supporter of the club even if we'd never had an academy so let's not go down the route of thinking that the club is all about the academy and precious little else.

And let's continue to enjoy Tony Scholes's and S**ke's demise.
    Crack open another bottle of the sparkly stuff.😆

Quote Originally Posted by Red and White Crusader View Post
    .... but I'd still be a proud supporter of the club even if we'd never had an academy so let's not go down the route of thinking that the club is all about the academy and precious little else.

I don't think you will find many Alex fans who will disagree with you - but equally let's not lose sight of the fact of what makes this club almost unique. Saturday was another great day to show what Crewe Alex are all about. Bring on next season!!

Quote Originally Posted by somersetcrewe View Post
    I don't think you will find many Alex fans who will disagree with you - but equally let's not lose sight of the fact of what makes this club almost unique. Saturday was another great day to show what Crewe Alex are all about. Bring on next season!!

And just to add to that, I've just listened to Gary Johnson post-match;

"Well, you are where you are after 46 games. We can't go into next season with this squad saying we are going to get into the play-offs because that's not going to happen" - and talks of a complete rebuild of the squad!!

We've just finished 2 places above them - and (IMHO) we are probably 2-3 players away from being play-off contenders.
    Just goes to show what a solid foundation will give you. And that's exactly what the academy does for us!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast