+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Car Insurance

Car Insurance

Been looking for insurance and used the Merkats got a policy with lots of good reviews but hadn’t heard of the insurers. On checking on Trust Pilot it got 1 star with many saying don’t use this company. So cancelled and looked at Which and it Recommended NFU as did Auto-express magazine. So having been asked I feel I would carry explosives or more than 2000 shotgun cartridges I paid twice as much before checking on Trust pilot only to find almost the same post feedback on claims.
    It seems most reviews are good on getting a policy cheap fast etc, but no one gets good reviews when they deal with claims.
    Any thoughts or recommendations welcome.

Direct Line for me!

Had two cars with them for seven years - NCD - lowish rates and excellent to deal with.

Highly recommended.

I referred them to one of my neighbours. He had a bad crash (his fault!) but it was all sorted fairly smoothly and he is still very happy with them.

Thanks BT
    I ran it on Trust pilot and of 448 reviews 78% gave it 1 star for claims ( though not all cars)
    https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/www...ine.com?page=2

I’m going nuts. Maybe Trust pilot attracts them as all the sites I have looked at have reviews like these, even those in the Which Top 10.
    They all get lots of stars for selling good policies at a good price but few get 5 stars for claims. Going to look for other comparisons now.

TrustPilot and TransferMarket are both bollox anyway!

While we were in Fuerteventura we booked into this fancy Danish restaurant that had 5 ***** all over it on TrustPilot.

It was bobbins!

I was with Churchill for many years, but each year it seemed to rise in price, changed to Aviva which cut the Churchill price by £45 for the same cover, been with them for 4 years and my yearly price has hardly changed so it was a good move.

At our age (I'm guessing you are roughly the same) its not always best to get the cheapest quote and look for the best cover Colner.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)