+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Set Pieces

Set Pieces

Needs working on, never threatened them from any free kick or corner

Quote Originally Posted by Steward View Post
    Needs working on, never threatened them from any free kick or corner
    Jones can usually deliver a decent corner, but all his efforts today were high balls to the far post which were easy to defend. Grant's woeful free kick in stoppage time from a dangerous position sums up his recent form. They were our best chance of scoring today, but as you say we wasted nearly all of them.

To be fair to Jones he put his corners into a decent enough area, I'd imagine it was what was intended, it's just that Brisley couldn't beat the two guys at the back post, I wouldn't blame the taker for that though. His corners are a million times more effective than Dicko's thats for sure.

I would've let him take the freekick at the end over Grant too, due to him taking less his ratio of scoring them seems much better than Grant's although Jorge putting one into the top corner would've given his confidence a nice boost before Coventry I suppose.

Grant's free kicks have been awful since Jan, in fact his whole game has been awful since Jan. Time to rest (drop) him.