Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
Pardew was a bad appointment but I'd like to know why there seemed little effort from the players under him even though he gave them far more freedom to express themselves than Pulis did. The team format under Moore isn't much different to what it was under Pardew but the commitment is there.
Many of the said players will want away in a couple of weeks time. They want the money and the prestige being top flight players brings. They could have continued to have it here.
I excuse a few of the players from the criticism: Dawson, Rondon & Foster. 3 others Brunt, Helgazi and Phillips weren't as bad as the rest. Phillips due to being asked to play a role alien to him, Brunt seemed to be giving his best most of the time, Helgazi isn't the most brilliant centre back but again put in the effort.
They say that the players actually practice the moves more now, but I would like to know why Hegazi was at the far post for Brunts corner when Dawson usually takes up that position and scores a lot of goals there, Dawson would not have tapped it back square he would have put it in the massive gap that was there in front of him...practice?? mmmmm